Sign in to follow this  
Damian Clark

ActiveSky2004 is nearing release!

Damian, thanks for the reply. Can you comment on performance impact? In general, it seems FSMeteo is a little easier on frames than default FS Weather. How do you feel AS2 stacks up in this regard?Cheers,Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Hi Noel,The weather add-on is not what affects flight frame-rate performance - only the weather in which it creates. I have noticed no difference in frame rates compared to FS default weather. However, AS2 can help by limiting cloud layers to a specified #. This is the single biggest factor in cloud performance (that and your hardware + FS display settings). Hope that helps!Damian ClarkHiFi Simulation SoftwareDeveloper of ActiveSkyhttp://www.hifisim.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2betateam.jpg

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest VCSIGDA

Thanks Damian,I am glad to here you are having great success with the cloud pop up issue. I am more than exited to get my hands on Active Sky 2.Cant wait.Regards,Vincent

Guest mikealpha

Damian,>> I can't comment on your purchasing timing other than to say that sorry FS2004 has wx transition issues!Hmmmm, I think that might have been based on some misunderstanding then. The support Email I got was asking me to wait for the upgrade, while normally I would have asked for a refund for 1.9 wxre then (seeing I could do not much with it regarding airliner flying due to that sudden weather changes). As I said, my purchase was end of August and intended only for FS2004.So I thought avoid refund is good for developer (since maybe costly due to reverse credit card process ?) and patiently wait for upgrade.The end result is good for you (you get US$ 42), but not for me and that I consider a bit unlucky for me then. But so be it :(Mike

Mike,Are you able to do airline flying with the default MS weather, or with any other weather add-on? In otherwords, is there something specifically wrong with ASwxRE, other than that is wasn't designed to enhance FS2004? If so, let me know more details, I can work on a bug fix!-Damian

Damian Clark

Guest mikealpha

>> is there something specifically wrong with ASwxRE, other than that is wasn't designed to enhance FS2004Than why have you sold it under the label of FS2004 ? If what you said is true, then were can I find that following feature in 1.9 wxre for FS2004 (so advertised at simmarket.com ) :>> FS VERSION : FS2002 FS2004 >> New SMOOTH cloud, visibility, pressure and wind transitionsThat's what you advertise under the label FS 2002 AND 2004 !! That feature simply doesn't work with wxre 1.9. in FS2004 and your support had confirmed that !! How shall I know as non "behind the scene" weather expert, but only regular user, you didn't mean it like that ?As I said, not asking for a refund, but patiently wait I thought was developer friendly, but your reaction doesn't sound like that. >> If so, let me know more details, I can work on a bug fix!You want me to tell you details for a bug fix leading to what was advertised at simmarket ? I mean, can be my German english, but in what movie am I now ?Given how this has turned out now, may I ask for a refund for my 1.9 wxre now ?Mike

Mike,I don't know who told you that any feature advertised didn't work, but that is certainly not the case. Smooth cloud transitions are facilitated by octa smoothing which is fully outlined in the manual. FS2004 has problems, yes, but it is not related to wxRE! Note also the second half of the feature description which you have cut off: "FSUIPC handles wind, vis and baro smoothing". With Global wx mode, is this not working for you? wxRE works great for many FS2004 users despite the FS2004 weather issues. There are certainly important features here that I am sorry you don't appreciate.E-mail me for further discussion of this please.. damianc@hifisim.com-Damian

Damian Clark

Guest ej74

Do I need a registered version of FSUIPC to make all features work ?