Sign in to follow this  

Guest Navajo
http://forums.what happend to users that own SK? are we gona get the SK2 for free? it should as theres some bugsavsim.net/user_files/47215.gifYV

You may want to post this again, but Active Sky 2 will not be free. $22.99 USD for Active Sky owners.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest SuperFlight2002

I believe in a company that stands behind there products! I do indeed understand that a lot of effort and time is taken to develop software that is of high-quality and of good standards for this I understand but it is just a little rediculious that current users have to pay almost full price for a product that they purchase oh within the last 6 months or so. I understand that developers need to eat and pay the bills but the full version as you state your site is 29.95 and current users pay only 22.95 thats insane in my opinion! a $7.00 discount? Other company's such as Flight1, Reality-XP and others have faithfully offered free upgrades to many of there products for current customers I just wish that developers in the Flight simulation community would follow this form of support for there current customers. Now don't get me wrong here a "New simulation release" such as FS2004 is a big thing but, I would totally understand a upgrade for oh say a skip in versioning such as if it was a product for FS2000 and they wanted it for FS2004. I am just one small person in the sea of this community and my views don't reflect the views of others but this hobby is getting expensive in my opinon but I do love to support my developers that work hard to make quality add-on's for flight simulation.This is my opinon thanks for readingMichael Gallaghergallagha@charter.net

Active Sky have offered a free upgrade to work on FS2004, and that is version 1.9. The updates provided by other vendors such as Flight1, Reality XP, etc have generally only been to provide FS2004 compatablity.As has been explained previously version 2.0 is a complete re-write, hence the reason for having to charge, in the same way that PSS are charging for their new 747 and 777.RegardsRussell Jourdain (NZL007/ZK-RHJ)

Thanks Russell, could not have said it better myself!JimActiveSky Support

Guest mspiers

People you pay alot of money to upgrade everytime Microsoft comes out with a new version of there software..... so why compline on someone that wants to help you experince weather they way it should be.... I have not seen someone work so hard on a software like Damian and give support. Trust me he works all day and most of the night work on this... So when MS comes out with Longhorn call them up ask them do give you a discount becuase you just bought XP a month ago... they will say no.My 2 cents....

MARKETING AND WHAT'S IN A NAME:Perhaps if it was called Active Sky 2004 WXRE there would have been a few less comments.AS2 was a complete rewrite. FS9 was probably a bit less of a rewrite.MS allowed a $10 rebate on $55 or 18%. AS allows $7 on $30 or 23%. Seems better or right in line based on long term user discounts.Anyway, looking forward to the upgrade, thanks all for the 1.92 FS9 fixes, and great teamwork all.

Gee! It's refreshing to see a few posts on this subject that don't throw me into rant mode. As someone suggested, I get to "chill out". Damian has worked long and hard to develop this product and there are some who think he's getting rich on it's sale.Oh well - I hope he gets his positive attitude back and doesn't let a few ignorant people affect him.For those that celebrate the holiday - Happy Thanksgiving! For those that don't - Have a great day anyway!Vic Baron

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hi Vic I'm back on track now, thanks for your very helpful words throughout this ordeal!Pricing is now UNDETERMINED and will be until RELEASE. When the final pricing is revealed we are going to stick with it, and although I KNOW that not everybody will be happy (no matter what we do) I think we will please MOST of our users.Gobble Gobble!Damian ClarkHiFi Simulation SoftwareDeveloper of ActiveSkyhttp://www.hifisim.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2betateam.jpg

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest bigun

Although I'm as cheap as the next guy:) , I don't mind one bit in paying for the NEW program. I know Damian and company have worked long and hard on this and with FS2004 I'm sure it's given them fits. Also, the dedicated server will be a blessing. Besides, if I had the talent/knowhow to develop a program like this myself, I would. Then I could retire from all the millions and millions of $$$$ that I would make and live in the Bahamas, and have cute little servant girls, and, and, and,,,,,,, :)