Sign in to follow this  
Guest airtel

Very strong winds low level

Guest airtel

Hello Damian, fellow supporters,I'm running FS9 with PMDG 737 Radar contact and active sky wxre 1.9.Throughout the flight right from departure, everything was running very smoothly, during the descent into Faro the upper winds which were forecast and I was experiencing were swerly 80-90 knots. During the descent they were still showing the same even at flight level 80. I tried refreshing the data, evntually i used FS9 wather to drop the wind to 10 knots. Within a minute or so AS1.9 returned me to 205/88 kts. Laying off 35 degrees of drift was not pleasant so i shut down AS1.9 and rer set the wind locally to circa 230/10 and landed without incident. AS1.9 was reporting the 8000' wind at 9 kts.I'm running FSUIPC 3.125 btwAny ideas?Have I missed a setup somewhere?thanks in advance.

Some add on plane users have reported this, but we never came up with a fix. Sorry,JimActiveSky Support

Hi Adrian.. some things to check:Make sure FS2004 weather writes is ONMake sure you are using destination force correctlyMake sure you clear your wx via FSUIPC before starting wxREMake sure your wind smoothing FSUIPC options are not on (they only mess things up, don't work right for FS2004)Don't tune FW constantly during your approach, this will slow down weather processingHope that helps!Damian ClarkHiFi Simulation SoftwareDeveloper of ActiveSkyhttp://www.hifisim.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2betateam.jpg

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest airtel

>Hi Adrian.. some things to check:>>Make sure FS2004 weather writes is ON>Make sure you are using destination force correctly>Make sure you clear your wx via FSUIPC before starting wxRE>Make sure your wind smoothing FSUIPC options are not on (they>only mess things up, don't work right for FS2004)>Don't tune FW constantly during your approach, this will slow>down weather processing>Thanks for the reply, I'll check the settings.FS2004 Weather writes = ONDestination force is usually unticked - should it be anything else?Clear all weather, is this supposed to be done at each session?Wind smoothing was on, it is now OFFErrm... What is FW (Fine Weather ?)I made the above corrections and we'll see how it goes. thanks!

FW is Flight Watch radio. You activate it by tuning a monitored comm to 122.0. It is yet another data to audio stream process that adds to the CPU load. It reports the weather at the current station as I recall. I think if you are within the forced range of the destination it may report the destination weather but check the docks.My question is, does it load the processor at all even though I am not listening?

Guest airtel

Thanks for the clarification Ronzie.I don't use the flight watch function, I run AS1.9 on my laptop P4 3.06 Ghz and i just look over my shoulder if i want a weather check confirmation to see if AS is the same as FS9 and RC is telling me.I believe As2 should work better with FS9 and look forward to trying it.Keep well :-)