Sign in to follow this  

I have a Big Problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Guys, I'm tring to get as much as possible. My Flight Sim will not load pass the splashscreen. I will load up to the splashscreen but it stops there. If anyone had this and sovled it, please let me know. I have tried to reload it on my comp.

Mine just started doing this today as well. I have tried everything that I could think of. I guess if no one has any solutions then I will have to go through a whole install again. I will just have to set aside an entire day for it (lots to re-install!)JohnnyKTUS

Hi ! I'd suggest to check if you did not occasionally put anything (like dll-s or exe-s) into the fs2002/modules folder.regardsOleksiy frolov.

Why don't you post some system specs:cpu ?graphics card ?sound card ?memory ?O/S ?dx version ?

Guest firehawk44

Have you deleted your FS2002.cfg file (in the FS2K2 main directory) and restarted FS2K2? This will rebuild the config file. Recommend you try this before you reinstall. It has worked for me.Jim

I had this problem for 6 months-even stopped trying to use the sim. I finally located that it had to do with active synce (my pda being plugged in). After further looking into it-I think it was the known via usb problems possibly-in any case disabling active sync did the trick.If you use a pda look here-if not possibly look into your usb connections (maybe unplug a few).http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/Geofdog2.gif

Well, I have an external hard drive. So you think unpluging it will do the trick?

hey BigB, I have this, too. Some weeks ago it happened every time I started fs2k2; then I did a reinstall which helped for a couple of weeks. now - as said above - it happens again. Usually the first time I start FS2002 it does not pass the splash screen. Then I start it again and it fires up. funny.

Guest Roath

I used to have this a lot. Found the saved flight was somehow involved and rename of fs2002.cfg to backup and create new one would get me going again. Of course, then had to reload all my keyboard and joystick mappings again.I let the default flight come up with the C172 at Meigs and mapped my settings and exit. Copy that fs2002.cfg and go back in to make some additional changes and back out to copy the fs2002.cfg again. I currently have about 7 copies. If I do something to cause the splashscreen lockup, I delete the current fs2002.cfg and make a fresh one from copy 7 (or whatever the latest one is).Haven't had this problem for awhile, now. But I use create a flight screen and not saved flights.Phill Roath

I was the second post on this thread... I had started a different thread and one of our fine fellow simmers helped me find the answer.Try this and see if you can get it fixed. Basically search for all of your scenery.dat files in your fs2002 directory and subdirs and then DELETE them! It's OK, FS will reindex them. That's what it took to get me going again. One of my files corrupted and it wouldn't get past the splash screen... Now it loads and runs fine again.JohnnyKTUS