Sign in to follow this  
Guest crabster

I started getting CTD's and I think that wxRE is the culprit

Gosh dang it, Damian beat me to it! I figured that weather writes was the problem. Now you are having trouble with clouds? What are those setting in FS04? Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest crabster

The settings I'm using are the ones listed in the readme. I had read about the bug and deleted all temp internet files and cleared fsuipc weather. But the cloud issue hasn't cleared up (pardon the pun)I'm all ears on anything you guys suggest. Thanks!Andy

Andy,I'm confused here! Describe what cloud problems you are having. A verbal description is OK for now. Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest crabster

Your confused? You should come over here and fly my sim :)Anywho, I thought the screenshots explained it all. The clouds seem to constantly blink on and off. I taxi to 31L and am watching as the clouds look like in screeshot #1. Then they turn a lighter color and finally it's clear skys! But wait, I get clearance to take off, line up and , well look at the screenshots. It happens all over again.I know weather can be crazy and unpredictable but come on all that in the span of under a mile? (where's Art Bell when ya need him :) )Well looks like I can post a screenie so here is the metar report when the screenshots were taken:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/50713.jpg

I think what you are seeing is a limitation of smooth weather transitions. KJFK had a layer of scattered clouds. Once you flew just a bit KLGA weather took over with a layer of few. Click on "disable cloud transitions" and try some flights. Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest crabster

Ok will do.Thanks for helping me through this, I really appreciate it.

Guest crabster

Well I tired that and it's still occuring. Today while testing the new F50 at KWWD, the clouds were blinking. Almost seems like there is a "fight" going on between which weather to display.FS settings:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/50773.jpgGuess I'll jus thave to live with it. sigh. Thank you Damian and Jim for your help. it is much appreciated.Andy

Some more thoughts..-Make sure you are CLEARING your wx in FS9 before starting wxRE-Make sure you have 3.125, the lastest version-Make sure you restart wxRE if you change locations in FS, this can confuse wxRE's cloud transition counters... The order is: close wxRE, clear all wx, restart wxRE..-Damian

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest crabster

I've been a bit reluctant to try 3.125, I've been using 3.11. Your saying 3.125 is good to go?

Yep, good to go!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Render to Texture ???I'm going to try this now, I have it on at the moment and am having EXACTLY the same issues. Weather changing it seems every 15 or 20 secs., and any time the atc window is opened, the graphics turn into a psychadelic show of colors and shapes.I'll ;et you know if it works for me.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Guest crabster

Ok I think 've tried everything. I'm right now partaking in a flight from Kwwd to Kphl. Enroute at 8000 it was really cool with puffs of clouds everyhwere as far as you could see to which my wife remarked wow that's pretty cool, look real. (getting her to say anything remotley like that in ref to FS is a miracle) Then all of a sudden it's clear as far as you can see. What happened she asks to which I reply-I'ts something I've been trying to fix. Then viola! there's clouds again.Here are my FSUIPC(3.125) settings:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/50815.jpgI will not rest until I/we(you guys) figure out what the heck is going on!

Aha..Get rid of "force cirrus over external control".. that is most likely the problem..-Damian

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest crabster

Ok, everything else look good? Thanks!

Guest crabster

Ok, I uninstalled FS9 and completely deleted everything associated with the FS9 folder. I then reinstalled with FSUIPC 3.125, wxRE 1.92 and UT2004. I tweaked the FS9 cfg as per the stickies in the msfs forum. I also tweaked the weather settings in fsuipc and FS9 per the readme and the suggestions that you guys gave me in this topic. (Finally got to bed around 0200)I did a short kwwd-kphl flight this morning-nice n windy, big ole puffy clouds here n there yadda yadda.I still have the problem although it seems to have gotten a bit better and more than likely that's attributed to the last suggestion Damian gave. While I was flying a lightbulb went off in my head and here's what I think is happenening:As I leave the airport everything is as so, then while enroute it all of a sudden clears up and then gradually it comes back. Fly a little further and all of a sudden it clears up. Fly a little further and it starts to come back and so on and so on. I think that for whatever reason, I'm outrunning the weather and it catches up or for some reason weather only gets updated when I reach a certain point. (make sense?) In other words just a small slice of the pie is covered in whip cream rather then the whole pie at once. Once I get to the next slice I get cream. (I'd rather have the whole pie in cream at once.)So if thats the case, what needs to be done or is this a limitation? I think Jim hit on it a little when he said the weather stations might be fightin each other (soemthing to that effect).Thanks in advance guys!!