Sign in to follow this  
Guest crabster

I started getting CTD's and I think that wxRE is the culprit

Guest crabster

I guess you guys are getting sick of hearing from me about this :(Ok, just tried an experiment. Using FS9 weather I d/l'ed real world and went for a couple circuits around kwwd. Lots of nice puffy clouds just like outside my house. I then landed, cleared weather and fired up wxRE. Took a minute but then the clouds came, which btw, looked fantastic! I then departed rwy 28 straight out. So far so good, except seemed alot more windy. Ok, turn to heading 100 and proceeded back over the airport and then *poof* clear skies! I then closed FS9 and wxRE, rebooted my computer and tried the experiment again this time wxRE first and then the FS9 weather. Same results as first experiment.I haven't a clue as to whats going on or why, but it's gotta be soemthing simple (usually is, isn't it?). Please, you gotta help me on this. Any other settings I should try?

We never get tired of trying to help. Each time you give us good information, are always polite and try what we suggest. What more could we ask for? You are a valued customer.Question: When using wxRE, what weather settings do you have in FS? Yes, go through them all, write them down, and post them here!! If I was at your machine that is what I would look at.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest crabster

>We never get tired of trying to help. Each time you give us>good information, are always polite and try what we suggest.>What more could we ask for? You are a valued customer.>>Question: When using wxRE, what weather settings do you have>in FS? Yes, go through them all, write them down, and post>them here!! If I was at your machine that is what I would look>at.>>Hope this helps,>Jim>ActiveSky SupportHere goes:See post#21 above for a screenieUser defined-CheckedDynamic weather-extreme(also tried none)made no differenceAdvanced weather: (screenshot)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/51093.jpgNot sure what else there is. Thanks!!!!

Hi,Well, you have a few layer here, what is reported? When you go to clear skies, is it because there is a new closer station with reported clear? If so, everything is working properly.. there is no smoothing between CLEAR and FEW, only between more than 2 octas.One of the limitations of global weather...Damian ClarkHiFi Simulation SoftwareDeveloper of ActiveSkyhttp://www.hifisim.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004betateam.jpg

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

FS settings look great.Try: In FSUIPC click on the Minimum weather defaults and go fly. You're right, there is a setting or combination of settings that just are not right.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest crabster

Hi Damian, I see what your saying, but it doesn't make sense to me in that the blinking on/off of clouds occurred right at the airport during todays experiment. The closest reporting station to KWWD is within 1nm I believe.But then again this has ben occuring all over the place (since start of post) I'm gonna try what jim just suggested with fsuipc. I'll report in later. Thanks!

A short while ago I suffered frequent CTD's and suspected all sorts of hardware problems but could not put a finger on the culprit. Finally I gave in and took the box to my local shop and asked them to run some tests. After a long week they finally narrowed it down to a conflict between the Soundcard and the IDE controller. The simple act of changing the PCI slot the soundcard was connected to solved the problem.Might be worth a try.

Guest crabster

Well I guess it just wanted meant to be :( Still no joy. My last ditch effort is to uninstall wxRE and reinstall, follow the readme's and what was suggested here. If it still doesn't behave then I guess I will just have to live with it or FS's weather until AS2 comes out. Maybe I'll have betterluck then. Thanks guys for your help! Alot of other developers should take note of your support-they could learn alot.Andy

Guest crabster

Hi Andy,Yeah I had suspected that too, but when I built my system I chose a pci slot that had the least amount or IRQ conflicts so I didn't think that was the culprit.I believe it was a combo of things: The seasonal bug, one of the settings I didn't have right regarding weather and probably the biggest one: when I went to uninstall/reinstall FS9 I looked at the FS9 cfg. To my amazement I saw that FS9 kept all video driver changes! That had to cause all kinds of chaos imho. (but what do I know I just a computer geek by hobby not profession :) )Ever since the reinstall I have not had one ctd(knock on wood). The only problem I'm working on now is the crazy clouds. Jim and Damian have been outstanding in their support and patience! If it's the last breath I take, I will get to the bottom of this.