Sign in to follow this  
Guest KevinShea

AS performance question...help please

Guest KevinShea

I just downloaded AS and updated the program to use with FS9. I started up and went through the manuals and set the plane to KSEA and waited for the weather to update. I am using the 3.11 version of FSUIPC and made all the recommended mods to it from the AS manual. Here is what happened. The downloaed METAR was reporting the clouds at SCT 012, BKN 018, BKN 027 at the time. I got the scroll message from AS across the top of my flight sim window that reported the same thing for the clouds. However, the ATIS was only reporting FEW 018, SCT 027. I waited for a couple of minutes and the clouds slowly changed to SCT 018, BKN 027. The cloud formations seemed to change with every ATIS broadcast and the ATIS identifier would sequence each time I heard it...from alpha to bravo to charlie....I am wondering why I wasn't seeing three cloud layers and why they weren't displaying properly. BTW, I unchecked the TAF processing routine so that should have been factored out. In addition, the temp and winds were correct from the METAR, only the clouds were screwed up.Is this some sort of error because AS2 isn't out yet or I am doing something wrong?Thanks,KevinWindow 20001 GB ramAthlon 2600+Asus A7V8X-X MoboNvidia GeForce 5600FX 256mb

Thanks for purchasing our product. What are your settings in Active Sky?JimActiveSky Support

Guest KevinShea

The only check boxes I have on are:1) TAF processing2) use system time for processing3) Automatic time zone detection4) Winds aloft simulation5) Wake turbulence simulation6) Use FS2004 weather writesI attempted to attach a screenshot of my settings but something is screwed up (namely I don't know how to do it). I also typed in the correct path for FS9 in the proper box and use the online checkbox. All other settings are the default settings that AS kicked out after installing.ThanksKevin

Hi,ASwxRE supports only 2 cloud layers from the METAR report.. the 2 thickest ones, generally..The transition is normal. If you don't like it you can disable cloud transitions in the options screen.AS2 has unlimited cloud layers, with full processing of up to 10 METAR layers..-Damian

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest KevinShea

OK thanks Damian,Thats what I thought was going on, can't wait for AS2.Kevin