Sign in to follow this  
Gridley

AS2004 Beta Screen shots!

Nice pics!!! :)What's up with the AI pilot in that last pic though??? Maybe he's had one too many? :-lol.-Damian

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Man, I wish online multiplayer aircraft had contrails. Are those default clouds?

Eric 

Straight is, of course, a relative term!The clouds are Chris' FPS and Fix 2.0 along with AS2004 beta...Thanks for the comments - and tune in tomorrow for a new set! Or maybe tonight if I can remember the darn password to my server...Best,sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Have you made any changes to make the contrails so long?. Or is this part of the new AS2004. If not can you let me know what changes you have made, as mine are no way as long as those shown in your pics..ThanksDK

Yep. There are several files available here at avsim for increasing AI contrail length, but I manually edited the contrail effect by increasing the duration to something like 6 minutes. For a plane travelling 300 kts that works out to be 30 miles long...give or take.I can post specifics if you like, but the info is already here in the forums and library...Best,sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Indeed! These are great shots, not much else to add, I think. I'd be hard pressed to think of a better weatherscape in FS9. Great work!Question: is the number of cloud layers limited or do all layers from a METAR make it into the sim? Would be kind of nice if that was setable. If the number of cloud layers is limited, does the Occasional cirrus layer setting in FSUIPC count towards the limit? Them high clouds don't affect performance much and look good. :)Thanks Damian & beta team, looking forward to mid-december! Regards,Jurehttp://www.reality-xp.com/community/nr/rsc/rxp-higher.jpg

Guest Aljoscha Hennig

Hi,great pics, thank you!Could you also post some screenshots of the weather-radar screen?regardsAljoscha H.

I can say that AS2004 allows restriction of cloud layers to a user-defined number - my shots are restricted to 7 layers.Not sure about FSUIPC - i have that feature disabled. Anyone?Thanks for the comments.sg

The weather radar is still in development - as soon as damian gives us the okay, I'll post some shots for you!sgEDIT - as I see it, the weather radar generation is really going to be a resource for panel developers. I'm hoping that the data AS2k4 generates along those lines will eventually be used by the garmin's from reality XP, or the PMDG planes, but I have no idea if the developers from those groups are interested in pursueing that avenue. No harm in wishing!

Ahh, wonderful! That's even better than I thought! Thanks for your reply; it also answers my second question about an occasional cirrus layer. Well, I'm sold on AS2 methinks. :)Regards,Jure

Guest Macs

Gridley,That certainly sounds like a very feasible option.I mean offering the weather radar enhancement to customers who also happen to have AS2. Then again-if it's possible to implement a WX radar without it-then more $$$ for them!JohnP 2.53 GHZ512 RAMWINXPGFORCE 4 128MB Ti4600http://homepage.eircom.net/~eamonnmca/images/logo_ba.JPGwww.bavirtual.co.uk Senior Captain Simflight.com Staff Reviewerhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/IMAGES/logo_mini.jpg

Guest JeanLuc_

You really put two wonderfull products in perspective with your screenshots!! :-)This sounds like a good idea too...Best,Jean-Luc