Sign in to follow this  
Guest hlm65

wxRE 1.91 and winds aloft

Guest hlm65

Hi Jim and Damian,I recently upgraded from v1.7 to v1.91 - no need to update to 1.92 since at the moment I don't use FS9, waiting for patches for most of add-ons ! - (FS2002/FSUIPC 2.975/OFFLINE) and yes it's much better, no bad data (expecially on 99999 winds), but...while it handles TAFs and METARs pretty well, it does not update on new station for the winds aloft part, that is, I've to refresh it every now and then to get new alofts (and after refreshing the datas are good and correctly simulated all the way from ground to cruise and back). I reckon there's no more the "update FDs on new station" box in the setup...Since I've just tried a couple of flights in the last weekend (EDDF to LIMF and vv, PSSA319), I don't know if this was just a "passing bug" or something more serious. Unfortunately I do not have any screenshot, but I'm sure my FSUIPC settings are the same as before and "before" (v1.7) I got auto-tuning to new alofts.Any idea ?Thanks for your help and...waiting for the release of AS2 (PS: I understand that it will be still possible to download from the private server "weather snapshots" for offline flying...I reckon that maybe this will be provided with a password or something similar ? That's because I do not have Internet connection at home where I "fly" and must download from the office where AS will not be installed).Enrico.

Try to lower the FD/Export Update Interval value under Options.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest hlm65

Many thanks Jim. As usual: speeeeeeedy response !I'll try in the next weekend (it's a long one in Italy, Monday is holiday) and let you know.

Guest hlm65

Hi Jim...as I wrote you in my last message, I had the weekend to try and yes.... wxRE v 1.9 handles beautifully the winds transitions lowerin the FD export, many thanks...Enrico

Glad it worked!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support