Sign in to follow this  
Guest edwinn

difficulty setting weather

Guest edwinn

Hi..The reason for this post is to ask about present weather difficulties with FS2002 and to seek a solution to solve them. In use is FSUIPC 2.975Difficulties in the default MSFS `Real World' weather.. some visibility data may be getting corrupt when transitioning regions in that visibility goes to infinite.. and a very ugly and jagged boundary appears on the horizon (really bad). Going into settings menu, `display' and jogging `visibility' slider one notch cures this (very annoying).Second issue is.. after setting up detailed wind layers manually.. something is wiping out the layers and replacing them all with 0 - 99999 ft at 7 kts. Additionally.. gusts are either 0 or full wind speed.. no other value is valid.I'd like to get weather in FS2002 working well.. but seem to struggle with it each flight.. gets depressing you know!!Will Activesky 1.x solve these issues..?? Hope so.. need a solution.Thanks,-edwinn

A qualified yes. ActiveSky downloads and processes the weather data. How it shows up on your screen is determined by a multitude of factors. Your system, FSUIPC settings, AS settings and FS02 settings can all be made to work together to show great weather. All of these settings are documented in the ActiveSky manual. We can also help you out here!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest edwinn

>A qualified yes. ActiveSky downloads and processes the>weather data. How it shows up on your screen is determined by>a multitude of factors. Your system, FSUIPC settings, AS>settings and FS02 settings can all be made to work together to>show great weather. All of these settings are documented in>the ActiveSky manual. We can also help you out here!>>Hope this helps,>Jim>ActiveSky SupportHi Jim,Thanks for the reply..First off I have AS 1.5 installed and I think it's widely known that aloft wind format has changed.. and wind is rather important. One of the questions that didn't make it into the initial post was: is there an ability to view or edit a .WX file? -> Yes .. have viewed weather data in Weatherset.EXE - came with FSUIPCNow it's easy to see what's going on.. and the visibility range can be viewed in Weatherset as going to 327.7 sm - and there is no setting to justify this. `Display properties' is set to max 110 mi.Also had Weather Center Novice installed past few days.. it works but soon goes into trialware mode. Which of the two (AS or WC) would the group suggest to use with FS2002? and how does one go about acquiring the license code?Please note.. will be watching Weatherset.EXE to observe behavior of weather from MSFS.-edwinn

Hi, well I see your problem...AS 1.5 is no longer supported (code no longer available, for quite some time now) and the NOAA format changed, so the visibility is always erroneous.wxRE was updated to solved this issue (was about 4 months ago I believe). There is no trial available of wxRE.For FS2002 I highly recommend ASwxRE, you just purchase it and download it. All the info you need is on our website! May I ask why you are not using FS2004? The weather simulation is far superior especially with AS2004 :)Damian ClarkHiFi Simulation SoftwareDeveloper of ActiveSkyhttp://www.hifisim.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004betateam.jpg

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest edwinn

>Hi, well I see your problem...>>AS 1.5 is no longer supported (code no longer available, for>quite some time now) and the NOAA format changed, so the>visibility is always erroneous.>>wxRE was updated to solved this issue (was about 4 months ago>I believe). There is no trial available of wxRE.>>For FS2002 I highly recommend ASwxRE, you just purchase it and>download it. All the info you need is on our website! May I>ask why you are not using FS2004? The weather simulation is>far superior especially with AS2004 :)Hi and thanks..The reason I'm hold out with FS2002 is due to hardware and budget. Main equipment here is a SCSI based dual 500Mhz Xeon Win2k workstation which was an expensive system. It has limited graphics capability with nVidia TNT2 Pro 32 AGP which doesn't do mips or a-aliasing. It is none-the-less a workhorse, is highly redundant, and is great for multitasking.That being said.. I'm on `extended vacation' and developing Sim to keep busy. Not looking at new hardware at this time. Actually doing indepth study of weather and atmospheric and wish to get FS2k2 working properly.. as opposed to great looking clouds and sky colors.Let me add that visibility problem occurs with default 2k2 `real world' weather and as yet cannot be explained. It may even have something to do with Active Camera (hope not). In closing.. what about weather server reliability and availability? I'd like to gain an understanding of displaying and setting weather from almost a `test gauge' standpoint.. THEN go with a new version of FS and a feature-filled weather manager.-edwinn