Sign in to follow this  
HawaiianCondor

Running Active Sky WxRe 1.92 on Remote Client via WideFS

Has anyone been able to run Active Sky WXRE (Version 1.92) on a remote client via Wide FS successfully? I run PM, SB, FSMeteo and several other things across a network using WideFS on a remote client with little or no problem.My setup is: FS9 on server with WideFS ActiveSKYWXRE Ver 1.92 on client. Both files are set for full sharing. I've mapped a drive to FS9 on the server from the client machine. It is: Z:Dfc4bl11FS9I always get the .ini error everytime I run Active Sky.Here is my wxre.ini file://wxRE configuration file - be careful with edits here[General]WXREOfflinePath = C:Program FilesActiveSky wxREExportPath = C:Program FilesActiveSky wxREOperationMode = OnlineDefaultOfflineFile = expcycle04Z.wxdDisableCloudTransitions = FalseDisableMessages = FalseLowBandwidthWinds = FalseExportMetars = FalseAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueMETARUpdateInterval = 15FDUpdateInterval = 45UpdateMETAROnNewStation = TrueUseShortTermTAF = FalseWindsAloftSimulation = TrueFS2004Writes = TrueIdlePriority = FalseVATSIMMetars = FalseDefaultForceRange = 80ZuluConversion = -10RainVisReduction = FalseOvercastHorizonVis = FalseDisableForceWindUpdates = FalseTAFProcessing = TrueWakeTurb = TrueDisableUpdatesWhenForced = FalseStartPaused = FalseCloudTransitionInterval = 30MinimumCloudThickness = 200UseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = FalseProxyAddress = NONEProxyPort = 80FS2004Path = Z:Dfc4bl11FS9I do get the scrolling text on my FS screen that says the Metar is initializing, but no station, such as KSEA, listed. Active Sky doesn't know where the airplane is.I also tried a work-around that someone else mentioned on the forum, where you put the FS2004 Weather icao pos.bin file in the Active Sky folder and use that as the FS2004 path in the Options box.Here is the end of the .ini file for that:FS2004Path = C:Program FilesActiveSky wxREfs9dataThat doesn't work either, I get the same error msg and the same negative results.Clearly there is something that needs to be in the ini file that isn't.Suggestions welcome. My goal is to run FSFlightMax also on the client with AS (or AS2 hopefully soon) and use that machine as my wx radar.regards,

Chris,FYI, there are users doing this and Damian knows quite a bit, but I know very little so I'll step back and learn too.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Thanks Jim, it was simple error in the directory path entry for FS2004, not that's fixed, and it works like a champ.But of course I am really struggling trying to get the weather to show up on FSFlightmax Remote radar, per this post I wrote at the other forum..."I have both AS 1.92 and FSFlightmax Remote running on a client computer networked to FS2004 on a server by WideFS. Both work fine independtly. I've read the instructions on how to get AS and FS to talk to each other and all the forum posts of the last two months, with no luck.Here are the two .ini files:[Registration]Userid=Chris J ConklinKey=8ESWS-N2Z48CRC=513 [Network]FSDirectory=Z:FS9[sizePosition]X=208Y=158W=623 For FSFlightmaxRemote.... [FSMeteo]FSMeteoDirectory=C:Program FilesFSMeteoFSMeteoActive=0 ActiveSkyActive=1ActiveSkyDirectory=C:Program FilesActiveSky wxRE [Orientation]Map=2Lightning=2Radar=1Traffic=2Charts=3[Ranges]Map=5Lightning=6Radar=5Traffic=6Charts=6[Charts]RangeRing=1KnobFunction=1ChartTracking=1DelayedTopDownUpdateRate=0Filter=0[Map]MapLevel=1KnobLevel=1WxLevel=4DeclutterLevel=3DrawCompass=1RadarActive=0TrafficActive=1LightningActive=0LightningMasterOn=0DrawRunways=1[Traffic]Extent=2[Radar]TiltValue=8ModeIndex=1Stabilizer=0Azimuths=1BeamAltitudes=1BigBeamWidth=1EchoWarnings=1[Lightning]LightningRangeIndex=7LightningStrikeFlash=0LightningCellMode=0[DataBlocks]Block1Visible=0Block2Visible=01=122=123=124=125=126=127=128=12[AirportFilter]Towered=1NonTowered=1Hard=1Soft=1Water=1MinRunwayLength=0MinRunwayLengthIdx=0[LightningEffects]LargestNumberStrikes=8LargestDelay=12MinStrikeSize=100MaxStrikeSize=500StrikeFlashSize=500StormscopeRange=100[LocalWeatherEffects]CoverageMultiplier=1LocalStationRadiusNM=35 For Active Sky: //wxRE configuration file - be careful with edits here[General]WXREOfflinePath = C:Program FilesActiveSky wxREExportPath = C:Program FilesActiveSky wxRE OperationMode = OnlineDefaultOfflineFile = expcycle21Z.wxdDisableCloudTransitions = FalseDisableMessages = FalseLowBandwidthWinds = FalseExportMetars = TrueAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueMETARUpdateInterval = 15FDUpdateInterval = 45UpdateMETAROnNewStation = TrueUseShortTermTAF = FalseWindsAloftSimulation = TrueFS2004Writes = TrueIdlePriority = FalseVATSIMMetars = FalseDefaultForceRange = 80ZuluConversion = -10RainVisReduction = TrueOvercastHorizonVis = TrueDisableForceWindUpdates = FalseTAFProcessing = FalseWakeTurb = TrueDisableUpdatesWhenForced = FalseStartPaused = FalseCloudTransitionInterval = 30MinimumCloudThickness = 200UseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = FalseProxyAddress = NONEProxyPort = 80FS2004Path = Z: I get an "error writing to export path" every time I run AS. The weather file in the AS Folder (wx-export.met) is listed as O kb both in the AS main folder and in FSFlightMaxRemote when I go into the menus in Manage AS mode (it does show up though, at least). So clearly the weather file is not being properly exported to FSFlightMax by AS. Suspect culprit is AS generating corrupt wx files upon export. Any ideas?When I crank the weather radar up I get the WX bar but the little square next to it is not blue like it should be, which means no weather. thanks"