Sign in to follow this  
MikeAdamo

AS2K4 & Subterranean clouds

Hi Mike,If I understand the question correctly, then no, this is beyond the scope, but only at this point. Perhaps you could share some details on this "FS9 feature" :) and maybe a work-around can be designed...As I understand it now, because the weather generated is based on the station elevations, and no check is made on the actual elevation at the aircraft location, this can cause problems with cloud layer accuracy to reports as well as strange visibility/vertical cloud transition effects. Perhaps with your input, some troubleshooting and a little time we can make this representation much better. Thanks!Damian ClarkHiFi Simulation SoftwareDeveloper of ActiveSkyhttp://www.hifisim.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004betateam.jpg

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest bdiregolo

Hey guys,I am alos having a problem with cloud layers...not sure if it is related to this problem or not. I have a picture below. This happened after I installed FWS(I think that is what it is...it is the recommended cloud textures from another post on this fourm) and I have since replaced those textures with the original FS2004 textures. Any ideas? Also, any suggestions on how to get more FPS. I'm running P4 3.02, 1 gig ram, 64 MB GeForce 2 vid card. Thanks guys,http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/53841.jpg

Guest pilot_guru

Hi Brian,Do you still get the same problem with the default FS9 clouds installed?Looking at your picture, it resembles what occurs on one of my own computers, both with FS9 and and other graphic rich programs.I see you have a GeForce2 64mb card and I would bet my bottom dollar that it is struggling a bit. My own card (GeForce4 MX420) struggles in situations like you have depicted and I get the same results you are getting. Graphical intense situations put immense load on the video card. May be time for an upgrade, if the wallet permits.What settings do you run FS9 at? Do you have all the sliders maxed out? Play around with the settings until you find a happy medium between FPS and visual satisfaction. Try turning off any un-necessary programs running in the background, also you can set FS9 to high priority for CPU usage (that generally will get you a couple of extra FPS).Hope this has been of some help to you. Maybe Jim or Damian can add to my bit and offer some other tips.Thanks for your report.David

Guest bdiregolo

Hey Guys,Thanks for the reply.The problem only happens when I use AS2004. It doesnt happen when I use FS weather. I tried reinstalling the FSW clouds and have done that and am now using them, but i still have those big flat boxes. http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/53922.jpgThanks,

Render to Texture Off?Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest bdiregolo

its off..still the sameThanks for the suggestion