Sign in to follow this  
Damian Clark

Latest AS2004 Release Status

Guest Mark McG

Keith,using the PMDG 737 and the FSW clouds I get no noticeable FPS drop.FPS locked at 20 => Average is 19.8My system:AMD Athlon XP20001GB PC2100 RAM128MB NVIDIA FX5200 graphics card.

Guest rellehenk

Creditcard burning in my pocket :D

>Bob D>>On the question of grammar, don't you mean 'imminent' and not>'intimmate (sic)'.>>A score draw I think.:-) Ouch! And whats even worse is you registered to call me on it! ;)Was typing fast so wasn't plan on catching all of them.

I've been to the Emetrix site (www.emetrix.com) and also checked the links on my purchase and don't see where I would make the purchse. I.e. I can't find any ordering pages (not just AS).When AS2004 is released can you please include the links to the sales location(s)RegardsRussell Jourdain (NZL007/ZK-RHJ)

From what I understand, although don't take this as the final word. But I like you bought WxRE from Emetrix. What that means is when it comes time to order AS2004 we will all order from SimMarket but us Emetrix buyers will select from a 'special' upgrade version at time of order. That then requires our old WxRE to be installed so as your 'upgrade' eligibility. And I believe I'm correct in assuming that AS2004 wont be for sale from Emetrix, just SimMarket(atleast for now).

I thought the same until I saw Jim's response and hence the request for clarification.RegardsRussell Jourdain (NZL007/ZK-RHJ)

Guest Ed Lin

Hi!Just need some clarity on this statement:"New users are offered ActiveSky2004 with ActiveRadar for $29.95 EUR"Does this mean that the new user price is U.S. $29.95 OR 29.95 Euros? The latter is presently worth about U.S. $34.18.This is not a complaint, just a request for clarity.Thank you!Ed Lin

LOL - that's one for the books!

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Hi Ed,Its EUR(O)... A SimMarket requirement, all prices are based in EUR. 29.95 for new users, 19.95 for wxRE users.In the future when SimMarket supports it (they are working on it) the price will be based in US$, and the EUR equiv. will be the one that fluctuates. In the mean time we felt this was the best solution... :) -Damian

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

I agree with what Mark said, but you should download the highest FPS clouds pack if you're worried about frames. AS2004 is able to set numerous cloud layers (many more than default FS does) and there will be situations where your system can be taxed. The number of cloud layers can be user defined, so you can also minimize impact that way, if need be. In some situations, I have had my cloud layers restricted to 7 and the weatherscapes still look stunning.That said, AS2004 has not impacted the FPS on my middle of the road system in any way...Best, Scott Gridley

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Hi there,Will correct the typo :) Yes we can all be a little guilty of typing too fast and not checking especially during these times :)AS2004 goes into a new folder, the wxRE must be installed only for the verification. After install you can uninstall wxRE if you need, but KEEP the file around, if you ever need to re-install AS2004 you will also need wxRE again for the verification..Hope that helps!Damian ClarkHiFi Simulation SoftwareDeveloper of ActiveSkyhttp://www.hifisim.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004betateam.jpg

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest rellehenk

To bad, I was hoping the price was in Dollars :)