Sign in to follow this  
Damian Clark

ActiveSky2004 has been released!

thanks Damian....got it thru simmarket....the discount showed up fine...downloaded it and have it on my CD to take home tonight.thanks for your efforts. looks like my holiday shopping will have to wait a little bit longer -- i've got some flyin to do!chris

Thanks for AS2 Damian and just to let you know the down load from Emetrix went without a hitch.I have not had time to do a flight yet so will save the eulogies until then :-)I run AS on 2nd PC so only outstanding issue, which you are aware of, is the Active Radar display. Like others the registery key points to the mapped drive, which is the AS2 directory rather than the root of the drive, and I don't get a display.Thanks to you and all the team for the Xmas present, what with this and the new PMDG 737NG I won't be bored these holidays :-lolMerry Christmas to you all.

Guest rogue1

Damian, just to let you know that I appreciate the efforts that have been made regarding the pricing scheme (I was one that had issues with the last version). The new pricing scheme reflected your concern for keeping all of your users happy. Thanks...Think I got my copy within 1/2 hour of the announcement, as I was home sick this week and had nothing to do but fly. I saved an inprogress flight with wxRE 1.92 and downloaded, installed AS2004 and resumed my flight, what a difference! Tinkering with the cloud view range (now at 50nm) I've pretty much gotten rid of the rapid weather transitions, still not 100% smooth but much, much better.Thanks...Jim

Why is this thing so expensive? $37.00 USDIf it was $20 maybe I would have consider it.Is it really worth it? I mean. You can get thePMDG 737 for $3 more.Ed

Guest rogue1

Can't speak for the cost, but the difference between the default weather and what you get with AS2004 is dramatic. As a software developer myself, I can understand the amount of effort involved in making this type of software work.Jim

>As a software developer myself, I can understand the amount of effort involved in making this type of software work.

Guest rogue1

Thanks for keeping me on my toes. Forgot completely about the dedicated weather server.I know what my company pays for a high quality web server and they are nothing to sneeze at. That and the cost of the bandwidth, going to add up.Now, if I can just convince my company to let me use some of that unused server capability and bandwidth. hehe.Jim

Guest mspiers

Yes it is worth it Ed. One reason way it is that price is to cover the server cost where the wx data comes from. All the wx is gather from different sources and stored . So online or offline you can download previous wx. Where as the old activesky I think it only download current and I think like 48 hrs before not to sure on that. But Damian prob will give you more detaild.Micheal Spiers>Why is this thing so expensive? $37.00 USD>If it was $20 maybe I would have consider it.>Is it really worth it? I mean. You can get the>PMDG 737 for $3 more.>>Ed

Damian,How do I get the discount. I bought wxRe from JUST FLIGHT and received it on a CD.What should I do?Roger

Roger

See my specs in my profile

Thanks Michael for the info. I can seehow this product can justify its price.And I respect that. Maybe one day I'll beable to get it. Not for the moment though.RegardsEd

Guest Lars K. R.

Thank you for making my FS 1000times better! AS2004 works perfect! :D

Roger,I answered your e-mail also! Please use the Emetrix/Regnow link.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Hello,The version listed below is the one ordered.MikeHIFI SIM - ACTIVESKY 2004 (FOR PREVIOUS EMETRIX/REGNOW CUSTOMERS EUR19.95Available Product Options:Delivery Method: CAUTION: ORDER ONLY HERE IF YOU ARE A PREVIOUS HIFISIM WXRe CUSTOMER THAT PURCHASED THROUGH THEIR OLD EMETRIX OR REGNOW SALES FACILITIES!! MONEY MAYBE LOST IF YOU DO NOT COMPLY! THANK YOU!PUBLISHER HiFi Simulation SoftwareAUTHOR Damian ClarkHOMEPAGE http://www.hifisim.com/DELIVERY FILE DOWNLOAD. Previous WXRe version MUST be installed on your system!DOWNLOAD SIZE 9.5MBSUPPORT Support ForumFS VERSION FS2004

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck