Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lobaeux4

First support question!!

Guest Lobaeux4

Guess I get to ask the first support question.Wanna make sure I did this right.Downloaded and installed on my WideFS computer, then tried to run the configuration to put activeradar on my FS computer. Wouldn't work, gave me an error about not finding F:/ drive.So, I manually copied the activeradar.dll and the .bmp folder into my MSFS modules folder.Did I do right?Thanks,

Guest darrent

I would like to know this too, and also, i run the setup from the mapped drive, what directory should i be choosing for the install of active radar??Regards,Darren

Hi Joe,I tried that also and it didnt work. I have the module but no detail on the screen.Have YOU managed to get it working properly?I will try again tomorrow night and reinstall from fresh..CheersKeith

Hi, check out the Readme.txt file:Installation

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest darrent

Damian,Thanks for the quick response.Regards,Darren

Guest Lobaeux4

Thanks for the support Damian, an initial release, especially one as anticipated as this is always hard.I've got a mapped drive to my WideFS computer. It's mapped as 'Y', can't use 'F', that's already in use on my main FS computer.When I installed Activesky2, it want's to install to a folder called "INSTALLDIR" just inside my c: and not in 'Program Files' No bother, I changed it, and it works fine.I start the active radar connector, from my FS computer, through the 'Y' mapped drive on my WideFS computer. It initially wants to use 'F', but it does allow me to change. Here's where I run into problems.It asks for the folder on the remote computer where 'activeskyradar.dll' resides. I'm assuming this is the .dll that came with the install program and not the one I've copied into my FS9/Modules folder right? If it is, then my activeskyradar.dll is in 'Activesky2004Modules' and not just in 'Activesky2004' folder like the install program is asking for. I can't figure out how the activeskyradar.dll that I copied into my FS9Modules folder is supposed to talk to AS2 or gain info. from it if I've pointed the connector to the .dll in my 'Activesky2004Modules' folder on my WideFS computer where Activesky2 is installed. I'll try all three ways, 'Activesky2004' on my WideFS computer, 'Activesky2004Modules' on my WideFS computer and 'FS9Modules' on my main FS computer. Other than that, it works great. I am able to call up the radar module, it shows all the buttons, all the info. except I know it's not working because it'll say the wx station is 1000nm away, and gives standard MSFS startup wx (29.92, unlimited vis).I'll keep plugging away.Thanks,

Hi,Sorry for the confusion here.. Unfortunately the install process was changed at the last minute and I am to blame for this one..Point the connector to the ActiveSky2004 folder, not the modules folder. This is the problem I think (an error in the instructions). This should do the trick.The thing the connector accomplishes is add the registry entry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareHiFiAS2004Install_Path and sets that value to the root AS2004 install folder (where the Modules Folder resides, but not IN the modules folder).Hope that helps get you running, please let me know..Damian ClarkHiFi Simulation SoftwareDeveloper of ActiveSkyhttp://www.hifisim.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004betateam.jpg

Damian Clark

Guest Lobaeux4

Great support as always Damian!!Here's what I've done. I pointed the installer to the 'Activesky2004' folder on my remote computer, running the connector program through the mapped drive on my main FS machine. Everything goes great, but there's nothing in the 'Activesky2004' folder on the WideFS machine, other than the 'Modules' folder and ChikatZip.dll. Is this correct?Are there any specific options to be selected either in AS2 or on the WX radar options button?Thanks,

Here's what I've done. I pointed the installer to the 'Activesky2004' folder on my remote computer, running the connector program through the mapped drive on my main FS machine. Everything goes great, but there's nothing in the 'Activesky2004' folder on the WideFS machine, other than the 'Modules' folder and ChikatZip.dll. Is this correct?-------That is correct! The Radar will thus sort through the Modules and ActiveSky2004 folders from this base location.No other options needed to facilitate this, ActiveRadar should now find the export_data.rad file within ActiveSky2004 installation which is used to polulate the precipitation targets.Let me know how you make out!Damian ClarkHiFi Simulation SoftwareDeveloper of ActiveSkyhttp://www.hifisim.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004betateam.jpg

Damian Clark

Guest Lobaeux4

Still no joy.Think connector is still hardwired to only accept F: as a mapped drive. The actual weather program looks great!! But, no wx radar, guess not until we can get an update to correct the connector program.