Sign in to follow this  
MartijnPleines

AS2004 radar: no precip returns?

Hi Damian,Just purchased AS2004, looks like another great addition to FS9...just been to a few places, and already I'm amazed at the more realistic haze and mist effects I'm seeing.I bought from Emetrix originally so I purchased that add-on version. Install went well, and everything seems to be working well, except I'm not getting radar returns at all. The wind indicator in the radar is working fine, just no precipitation returns as you can see in the included pic: rain on the canopy, not on radar...KMKO 181917 30012G20KT 9999 FEW050 510004 QNH3015INS BECMG 0001 30012KT 9999 SKC QNH3020INS BECMG 1112 32006KT 9999 SKC QNH3035INS BECMG 1516 30012G18KT 9999 SKC QNH3040INS T14/20Z TM02/12Z AMD 1959 RMK AUTO GENERATED AS2004 RMK AUTO GENERATED AS2004Windows XP home, no widefs/radar contact etc., installed to FS2004 dir., unregistered FSUICP 3.135 http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/53388.jpgPlease let me know if there may be additional config steps I need to take...but as wind is being indicated properly on the radar, I think that would be in order...Thanks, Martijn

Hi Martijn,First things first:1) If you change locations in FS or start ActiveRadar before AS2004, it can take up to 5 minutes to update. You'll also need to do a REFRESH in AS2004 to make the data appropriate for your new FS area.2) For better consistency, load a flight plan in AS2004 and load the same one in ActiveRadar.. This ensures all the data matches for your desired area.If you continue to have problems just let me know, and send me the export_data.rad file which gets written to FS9ModulesActiveSky2004... Thanks!-Damian

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Thanks Damian!I just tried a different area, KBOS, where there's a bit of a blizzard going on apparently, and I am certainly getting returns now! So perhaps conditions were too light in the areas I was in before, or maybe I just didn't wait long enough...I did flights longer than 5 mins, but may have interupted radar updates by fiddling with the settings...so, sorry for the premature 'bug' report!The cloudformations certainly did look spectacular over Boston, never seen the like before in FS!Thanks again,Martijn