Sign in to follow this  
Guest babewatcher

problem with auto throttle

Guest babewatcher

I have just downloaded and installed active sky and now suddenly it seems my auto throttle on my aircraft no longer monitors the aircraft speed and now im doing 400 knots at 8000 ft. I can still control the throttle manually but the auto throttle seems to be all or nothing. any ideas?? This seems to be happening on all the planes.Don:(

Guest babewatcher

This maybe a clue. the auto throttle seems to work fine until @ 5000 ft and then theres a little turbulance and the throttle just takes off to max.Don

Pitot heat on or off? (shift/H)Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Don - Watch the airspeed - I'll bet it drops to zero just before the autothrottle goes wild. Pitot heat ( shift-h) and deicing will help.hth,Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Guest babewatcher

Thanks Vic but I dont think that is the problem because my airspeed increases also. I have auto throttle set for under 250 knots and as Im progressing thru the 5000-6000 ft range it suddenly goes haywire and excellerates to maximum speed .unless I intervien and shut the auto throttle off, manually throttle down and then turn it back on again.Then it seems to settle down and operate normally. I have never had this happen before and it started the first time I used activesky. Just in case it wasnt I planned the same flight and aircraft and used cf9 weather and had no problems,re did everything again and used activesky and the problem returned.Don

Did you have the flight plan loaded and processed through Active Sky 2004?Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest babewatcher

JimYes I did I followed the instructions and started cf9 with clear weather. once it was loaded I then started up activesky and loaded up the flight plan. the weather changed instantly and all seemed fine until the auto throttle seemed to no longer respond and the plane just excelerated at max and instead of doing 250 knots was into 400 knots and excelerating until I shut the auto throttle off and manually controlled the speed. It seemed to do this at low alttitudes while flying out of Toronto. I tried out of San francisco instead and it flew fine until I got to around 18000 ft and it started all over again. Has to be a bug somewhere.Don