Sign in to follow this  
DAL488

AS2004 "Forgets" the Flight Plan

Damian & Team:I've found that after loading an FS2004 .pln, I'll be cruising along, and decide to recheck the Flight Log, only to find that I get a dialog box telling me I need to enter a flight plan via New Route first.I actually had this happen twice in a flight from KCAE to KCLE last night.After some period of time, AS2004 just seems to forget that a flight plan has been entered.Any ideas?James

>I've found that after loading an FS2004 .pln, I'll be cruising>along, and decide to recheck the Flight Log, only to find that>I get a dialog box telling me I need to enter a flight plan>via New Route first.Same here.

Regards,

Radek

To all,That's a new one as far as I know. Anyone else?Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Jim / Damian / Team:I forgot to mention that I use WideFS. Sometimes that causes weird things to happen, especially when you're loading a flight plan from a separate computer.James

Me too.....same setup...WideFS...with AS2k4 on the remote pc and it drops the imported flightplan after some period of time...was not paying attention when it dropped out....freak things still occur...with pitot heat on I was out over Cuba last night at FL330 and .81M when all of the sudden I went to FL410 and .94M in about 1 second. I was eventually able to recover after I cleared the weather through FSUIPC and reloaded AS2k4. Figured there must have been a really screwy temp pop in there.

Hi Guys,Thanks for the further clues. Looks like something to do with WideFS setups. Damian will see this!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest C_Hannigan

Same here. I do not use WideFS and AS2004 seems to lose the FP. It looks like it "stays in the memory" because the destination WX is still there, but when I try to access the Navlog it says I need to enter a new route.Chris

Hi all,Just to confirm something... are you by any chance hitting the New Route button AFTER a process (and then cancelling)? This would result in the route being cleared, by design. Or is this unrelated? Thanks!-Damian

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest C_Hannigan

Damian, I follow the startup process by the book. I do not hit the cancel button but instead hit the close button. This loads up the wx like it should right after you process the route. If I want to retrieve this navlog after I start flying however, it says I need to enter a new route. I've flown 5 flights with AS2004 so far and this has happened on 3 of them.

Damian:Same here: I'm hitting the correct buttons.I did make a flight yesterday that was a very short hop of ~70nm from KHUF to KEYE. I went direct, so the only waypoints were the departure and arrival airports. As far as I could tell, it didn't forget the flightplan (the reason I say this is because I didn't check after landing; the last time I checked was about 10nm out).Also, I had just mapped the drive on the Client PC as req'd by ActiveRadar.All my other flights have had multiple waypoints, and have been over 400nm (in the PMDG 737). Unfortunately, I have not had time to make one of these flights yet, so this comment may be premature: maybe mapping the drive has helped, or possibly more than 1 waypoint causes AS2004 to forget the route??I'm making a bloody long haul today (KIAH to TNCM), so I'll see how it goes. Will report back.James

>maybe mapping the drive has helpedJust completed my flight, and AS2004 still "forgot" the flightplan.However, I did notice something interesting. In the manual, it states that you MUST have a flight plan entered in order to here the DESTINATION WX when using the voice ATIS feature. I discovered that even after AS2004 "forgot" my flightplan, I was still able to receive the voice ATIS for my destination.So, maybe the flightplan is still there, but for some reason it cannot display the nav log???James

Guest C_Hannigan

Damian,Try this: Process a route, then hit the close button on the left. After AS has refreshed the weather, hit the Navlog page. Try hitting the X to close the window instead of hitting the "close" button that you hit the first time. Once again, try to open the navlog page. If it works like me, you will get a message saying you need to file a new route.Summary: Hit the close button, FP remains. Hit the X, AS forgets FP.