Sign in to follow this  
Justin Toposim

NEW Alaska 28 M USGS Mesh

Funny, I really don't think I was showing any bitterness...Ah well....I'll stick with the Free mesh from DenneyAl (the bitter flight sim guy)

I can always be sure that Ferdie and FSFreeware will save me the time and effort of uploading my files on their site without asking! Thanks!Seriously, it looks good, but so does the free Ed Denny mesh. I am glad you enjoy it, but I will stick with what I have for now, thanks for the heads up though!Justin, thanks for the landclass! Awesome! Regards, Michael

Best, Michael

KDFW

Ok - Let's Clarify -First of all - spotters does not work for fsfreeware - ! and just use the services we have - that is all.Why Alaska produced by fsfreeware is different and better than Eddie - simply because the Usgs data are the Newest and we already know that the latest usgs data are of better quality than those used in older scenery - .If you have any problems with FSfreeware - just send an email - or post at the fsfreeware forum your wishes and we'll promptly reply to your requests.simple and straight foward and FREE as we always been!!Ray

AL!!!!!!!......Where are your projects and when will they be finished??? I've been watching for the Connie for months! :) Nice work buddy! Let us know PLEASE!!!!! :)Don

simple and straight foward and FREE as we always been!!LOL!"Simple and Straight Forward (i.e. we pirate software to sell on our CD's) and 'Free'"LOL, so I can get this mesh for free and you wont try to sell me a CD with others work on it????LOL

It is Really depressing to read posts as directly above - from those who only express bitterness - - All we do at fsfreeware is to sell products we have designed in order to run the site - which costs lots of Money every month - bills that need to be paied - Is funny enough that we get bashed on our head - when what we get - is simply put back in order to serve many simmers - without asking a penny in return - - and other which produce mostly the same products - or others freeware sites which sell also commercial products are Praised - just because of what???? only you know the difference - as it is keept well safe in your mind.Sorry do not works this way for me!! and simply alight the caracters of some of you that are using this forum in a hostile manner - and if allow me - discriminate and pass your hastiness to others without really a good reason for doing so.I'll never come back to this forum - and save my day!! too many arguments - without really a good enough reason - which at the end will be enough to make everybody exhausted and sick of it!! enough is said - and wish a Merry Christmas and Happy New year to all!!Ray

HI Ray,I certainly don't presume to speak for any of the other posters--only they know they're motivations--but I can assure you that I speak out of no bitterness or hostility. I'm merely curious about the claims you make about your Alaska product.Those of us who create this stuff know that there is no such thing as 28.8m terrain mesh, although I suspect that many of your customers do not. And yet you make this 28.8m claim on your web site.And if you'll read the NED metadata a little more closely you'll find that the Alaska data is 60m source, not 30m source. And yet you make this 30m claim on your web site.And to tell your customers that you "use your own technique on the data so there is no interpolation (oversampling?)" or something like that, well, it probably sounds good and impressive to the naive, but to someone with knowledge of these things, it sounds like, well, (said with a smile) bovine scatology. There is >always< interpolation going on when using the MS resample.exe. It's just a matter of degree. If you're using 60m source data and bring it down to 28.8m (though impossible within the context of the hard-coded FS LOD grid system), there is a lot of interpolation going on. Yet you make this no-interpolation claim to a customer.I guess the point of all this is that any developer, especially those who accept money for their endeavors, has an obligation (in my mind at least) to make accurate claims about their products. Failure to do so only impugns their own credibility, which in turn tarnishes their reputation, which in turn makes the consumer wary, which in turn, defeats the whole purpose of the enterprise.Maybe the above can at least partially answer the question of why you seem to be receiving "hostility and bitterness" here. No one questions your right to try to pay your web site bills by selling your products. I don't think the quality of your products are in question, though since I've never used them I can make no judgment about that. I think the only things questionable here are, if true, poaching some of the freeware files found on your site without permission of the authors, and less-than-accurate claims about at least one of your commercial products.Just my thoughts on the matter . . .Best wishes,JustinFSG

Justin - Toposim

http://www.toposim.net

Justin - You are better to say the trueI DO NOT LIKE FSFREEWARE BECAUSE THEY NOW PRODUCE MESH FOR THE USA AND IT IS A GOOD PRODUCT - .THIS IS MY THOUGH AS A MESH SCENERY CUSTOMER FOR LONG TIME OF BOTH OF YOU.best spotters

You are better to say the trueLOL, i believe you meant to say "truth" or what you believe to be true. ;-)I'll speak the truth now and say I'll take FS Genesis anyday over "FSScamware";-)

think what you like!!!28 or 38 - is still much better of what fsgenesis or others offered up to these days!!!best spotters

think what you like!!!28 or 38 - is still much better of what fsgenesis or others offered up to these days!!!As long as YOU'RE happy Spotters ;-)

Not at all, spotters. I think I can hold my own in the marketplace without disliking any of my competitors. Because I can compete with all of them, thank you. And respect those who fairly compete for their slice of the pie without resorting to questionable marketing ploys and practices, which includes making inaccurate claims about their products.I just question the claims about the Alaska product concerning the resolution of the source files, the methods used to produce it, and the final resolution of the product.While it may be a wonderful product, they should just "say the true" that it's 38.2m (LOD=10), created from 60m source files, and that there is a significant amount of interpolation involved. That's all.I hold no animosity at all towards Raimundo and fsfreeware. I would just like them to be a little more forthright and accurate in their product descriptions.And we'll let the competing products stand on their own merits in the marketplace while the consumer decides.Best regards,JustinFSG

Justin - Toposim

http://www.toposim.net

As a causual observer of this discussion, I've noted several things and will now chime in with a few comments (my two cents, as you will).I whole-heartedly support developers of payware products for FS2K2, although there are a few I will not do business with. I support them because: A) it helps the economy (to some extent) and I can afford it, and :( some of these payware products are absolutley fabulous...and I want them to keep coming. They also help, along with the freeware developers, to keep that spark alive in FS2K2.I will highly recommend to anyone (if they inquire) certain developers and/or products (ie: FSD aircraft, Justin's fsgenesis products, ActiveSky wxRE, Radar Contact 3, etc.), but I will never get upset and act childish if others happen to disagree with my recommendations. Everybody has a right to their opinions (right or wrong), even if they bring forth that opinion in a rather crass manner. Of course I'd prefer the "mature" approach, but I will not argue that one product is better/worse than another. It's better to listen than to run amuck at the mouth.So, what started out as civilized responses from spotters and Ray have turned into childish rantings: "I'll never come back to this forum " and "think what you like!!! 28 or 38 - is still much better of what fsgenesis or others offered up to these days!!!"This will not win me over as a customer. Provide facts and truth and then let me decide whom I'll do business with.Two facts noted in this series of postings:1) Neither spotters nor Ray have disputed the claim of other people's works being uploaded to FSfreeware's site without the author/creator's consent. I'm not going to go into arguments about "Intelectual Property" or "Copyright Laws" as I claim ignorance (hey, I design radar systems for a living) but it doesn't seem quite right.2) Neither spotters nor Ray have provided any solid information about the mesh product. Provide details about the data used and discuss this in a mature manner with an expert like Justin. He doesn't appear to be afraid of the competition (heck, competition is the driving force in any economy). Saying the mesh available at FSfreeware is better than Justin's is a pretty big claim. Now back up that bold statement with some hardcore facts.If someone told me to buy a certain car because it looks better than the competition, I sure as heck am going to ask about: gas mileage, engine power, etc. I want real info.I challenge you (and urge you) to respond to Justin's points brought out in post # 52 above. With good, solid and honest information, the consumer can mold his or her own opinion of whether your product is worth the expenditure.Bradley Dykesa concerned lurker of this forum