Sign in to follow this  
Guest n4484r

"Unusual" Weather

Guest n4484r

I have been flying with AS2004 for approximately 7 hours with ProjectMagenta and the PMDG 737. On a flightfrom SVMI to MGGT something unusual happened. Approximately 50 miles out of SVMI and climbing through FL280, the altimeter "jumped" nearly 3000 feet. The airspeed indicator also first increased and then decreased dramatically. The airplane eventually stalled. I am using AS2004 on a networked PC (WideFS) and no weather radar. I have the standard default options (no wake turbulence and FS2004 writes enabled). I have been using ActiveSky 1.92 with no such problems (also using WideFS). I tried the flight again and the same thing occurred. I switched to a competing weather program and there were no problems. Can you suggest any settings in FSUIPIC or AS2004 that might be tweaked? Is this a possible bug in the interpolated weather? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks-- Robert

Robert,I answered your e-mail!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest sigvaldi

I know this post is an old one but could you post the solution to that problem. I just had that issue with a flight from evra to egll. I repeated the error 3 times. Same thing the original gentleman spoke of so long ago.Thanks,Steve

Hi Steve,That is really a good one! I am pretty good on remembering stuff, but that was sooooo long ago. So let's start new OK? First let's make sure you are running the latest versions of everything. For AS2004 that means MR2. For WideFS and FSUIPC, the latest from Pete's site. Get back to me here and we'll go from there!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest sigvaldi

Hi,Talk about quick response! I always forget to state what I'm using.I was using previous build of FSUIPC(recently got the 3.3 ver. Problem happened on 3.2.2 ver). Also using latest version of Ultimate Traffic too. I can't find the MR2, I would assume because it is the beta. I'll go ahead and load it and see what happens.Thanks,Steve

You are correct MR2 is the beta at the top of the fourm. I would like you to give it a try and see if your situation goes away. It contains even some newer versions of things you are using now. Just let me know here after you have had a chance to try things out.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg