Sign in to follow this  
Guest ba747heavy

videocard

Guest Panman

>ATI is NOT the way to go. FS seems to have a problem with the new 9700. At least, that is what I gatherExcuse me? You better put down what you gathered because it's rotten. Or else someone needs to tell my 9700 PRO real quick that it's supposed to have problems with FS because it has absolutely NONE!!! It's worked properly with every program I have run since I first pushed it firmly into the AGP slot.Don't spread B$ unless you know what you are talking about.PanMan

Guest Panman

Overpriced?So just how cheap is nVidia going to sell the GeForce FX at then?

Guest Skedflyer

Yes, I just got my 9700 Pro, and yes some issues but when i call ATI ( never made me wait for more than 3 mins on the phone) I got it resolved. Also I wish ppl would drop the old "bad driver support" saying it getting quite old now, they have a new team in driver development team and they seem to have new stable drivers, but NVIDIA groupies will beat that dead horse till it's dead!I am very happy with ATI 9700 pro.I will not say ppl have not have problems with this card, but it is top of the line and majority of the ppl have been running it with great results, and many without, when you buy the top performers you gotta expect it mite not work with your combo. It is TOP of the line right now I had a 4600 and I was less than impressed with the results, you can wait for the FX by NVIDIA, but the reports about the card right now are just speculation from NVIDIA, and it seems it has to use quite a bit of juice to give it a reported 25% gain over the ATI. If you want to wait for something better you can spend a LONG time waiting because there will always be something better down the road, My suggestion is, search the net for combos with card you are interested in and your motherboard, because ever card that ever came out has had problems with certain motherboards, and I'm sure ALOT of us have been there. Also what ever card you buy for best performance I suggest a reformat and a clean install of Windows.Sites you can look up your motherboard www.rage3d.com wwwguru3d.comLook on there forums to see ppl with the same motherboard as you. Or you can post and ask them.GOOD LUCK

ba747; ""I think you need an attitude adjustment. I make an observation, based on what I had seen on this forum. I didn't make anything up. So maybe YOU need to get your facts straight.""I just reread my post and I don't think I displayed any attitude. I don't believe I attacked you personally? If that's how you read it, be assured; that was not my intent.I have also read a few posts here about folks having issues with the 9700. My intrepretation of those posts lead me to believe those issues are with other hardware components or drivers and not the video card itself. Same can be said about the GF series of cards. No surprise in any of those posts. I've also read posts that just blatently attack the ATI products. These, I attribute to "nvidiots". Meaning those whose loyalties lay with Nvidia only.I have no loyalties. I'll buy the best regardless of who manufactures it. I've previously owned nvidia products. Never been completely satisfied with em' in the past but nevertheless, good cards. When it comes time to upgrade, I'll be looking at both ATI and Nvidia cards. Whichever is the most powerful and reliable is the one I'll choose at that time.On another note, Alienware, FalconNW, Dell, and other reputable computer manufacturers are selling their products with the 9700 installed. They're some big names in the computer industry. That speaks for itself.

Guest ba747heavy

PanMan --To quote eminem 'Dr. Dre, I don't like your attitude.'I am not spreading nothing but the truth. No B$ as you put it. You rememeber the problems that ppl were having about the time that the 9700 was released? I do. So, I am NOT spreading B$. Not at all.I am happy that your 9700 works great. Give yourself a cookie

Guest HansGroenewold

John_Tavendale,You have a recommendation though for a overclocking setting? I have no idea where to move the slider to. I do have some games (GTA III) I'd like to try it on just to see. Thanks.Hans