Sign in to follow this  
Guest Goose

Main screen flashes when ActiveSky is running

Guest Goose

Hi allI just purchased ActiveSky and it's great except that when I am on line(NET - ADSL) my screen flashes when ActiveSky is running??Any suggestions?Also there is an update on the ActiveSky homepage for WRX???? v1.9? Does this apply to ActiveSky 2004? as I am unable to update.Thanks in advance to all that give advice.PaulAustalia

Guest Goose

Hi HaraldSame problem with render to texture off. Only when I disconnect from the net does it stop??????????????Paul

Paul,Thanks for writing. The update on our web page is for wxRE. For AS2004 there is an alpha update located at the top of this forum. Use this at your own risk. Most users have found it helpful though!For the flashing, please tell us a little about your system. Which graphics card and what set of drivers are you using? Also, what video settings are you using?Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest Goose

Hi JimMy system is as follows:P4 2.8GHz with Hyper threadingAsus P4S800 Motherboard1GB RAM120Gig Seagate 7200rpm 8Meg cacheAsus V9900 128Meg(FX5800)Video Driver: 53.03 Nvidia19Inch LG 900B MonitorVideo settings: 1024/768 100Hz refresh rateI have all sliders to full right and everything selected on.I average 35-40 frame rates with several cloud layers and dense scenery. After instaling Activesky everything went fine, only problem is my screen flickers when I leave my ADSL connection going so I can receive WX updates.Thanks for your help Jim.PaulAustralia

Paul,Try a flight without Online Updates. I want to see if the download is causing this or the update in the weather in FS. Are you running any anti-virus at the same time?Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest Goose

Hi JimWhen I use online updates I get the flashing screen. If I leave it off there is no problem.No antivirus running but I do have a firewall running and I am not game to turn it off.CheersPaul

When using Online updates does AS get updated METARs?JimActiveSky Support

Guest Goose

No it doesnt for some reason.By the way. I wish I had purchased the program a long time ago. I hesitated buying the product as the screen shots did not look too good. Thanks for your help Jim.Paul

Guest Dkoy

I had a simular problem. Thats was caused by the "light" version of the FSW sky textures. My 2D main panel was flashing all the time. Then I installed the normal FSW textures and then the problem was gone.Do you have the framerate-friendly FSW textures installed?BrSteen

>Hi Jim>>When I use online updates I get the flashing screen. If I>leave it off there is no problem.>No antivirus running but I do have a firewall running and I am>not game to turn it off.>>Cheers>>PaulDon't ever EVER turn off the firewall. Mine was off for no more than 30 seconds and I inadvertantly went online after a reformat. The MSBlast worm waltzed straight through the door and everytime the virus Checker identified it the mongrel rebooted the PC.Fortunately it couldn't prevent another immediate reformat.BTW, I'm not alone in this experience.Andy b

Guest Goose

HiI do, and I will remove them to see what happens. Thanks for the advice.Paul