Sign in to follow this  

Effects.cfg how to?

Guest jpcxcf

Does anyone knows how this file works?Can someone post here the contents of the default effects.cfg file, since I've overwritten the file.Thanks,Pedro

Look for my update today or tomorrow. Sorry for the mix upMedium=500High=2000Medium=0.300000High=0.300000Forced Distance=250Medium=0.700000Far=0.500000Very Far=0.000000Medium=5000Far=10000Very Far=15000Replace the '<' and '>' with brackets

Guest jpcxcf

Thanks.Can you explain the contents of the file?I was wondering f it was possible to create an effect, using the contrail file, in wich we could see the contrails of any aircraft like we see it in reality. Planes leaving jet trails and the trails stay in the sky for some time and are seing from many miles away.Regards,Pedro

AI do leave contrails behind, but I think the viewing distance is limited. The farthest distance I have been able to view an effect at is 4.5 miles

Guest jpcxcf

Yes, I know they leave contrails, but I've read some where that we could see an object as far as 60km or something, couldn't be possible to increase the 4.5 mile ? The SDK doesn't say anything about a limit for distance.Regards,PedroPS: your snow and rain effect in the ground just looks that a texture is passing under the planes.

That's why I tried making changes to the effects.cgf file, to try to get the distance increased. It didn't seem to work though. I agree, the SDK does not say anything about distance, and what it does say doesn't seem matter when you change it.