Sign in to follow this  

Talk about Off Topic !!!!!!!!

Ya know, I usually pretty much stay with posts relating to simming but as I was cruising that "other" site looking for downloads I happen to lurk, oops, I mean look in on the OM feedback forum. Man are we lucky to have this quality of forum. Maybe its the time of year but thanks to all who post and help so freely. It really could be worst !!!!

yeah it could.....I could have AVSIM at work instead of only at home.....Inside Joke... Some will understand..:-lol :-lol :-lol :-lolOf course, this topic belongs in the Hangar Chat forum, but I digress.Regards,JoeHere are Picture Galleries of My Trip out west in 2002.Gallery #1 Pima Air & Space Museum + AMARC (Boneyard) at Davis Monthan AFB, Tucson, Arizona. (over 240 Pictures)http://www.pbase.com/sonar5/pimaamarc

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Guest drobson

So, what are you trying to say? That a sim site should not allow topics other than simming? Is there not a forum here for Off Topic stuff? Have you looked in on the "Hangar Chat" forum here? A lot of non aviation related stuff discussed there too.It just happens, that the Outer Marker forum is just more liberal in what is allowed, and what is not. As long as the discussion is civil, almost, (I said almost, any subject is allowed. It's just more "laid back" in that forum.Darrell

Hmmmm...Civil......Hmmmmmmmmm......Almost.....hehehehe...... :-)Oh never mind... Just kiddin.... ;-) I do check the Hangar Chat Forum every other day or so just to see what is cooking. It is just recently that the OM has has more assault topics than the Hangar Chat Forum.That's ok. The kids get out of school soon here in The United States and that usually brings interesting topics to all the forums. In a good way too.Regards,Joe :-waveHere are Picture Galleries of My Trip out west in 2002.Gallery #1 Pima Air & Space Museum + AMARC (Boneyard) at Davis Monthan AFB, Tucson, Arizona. (over 240 Pictures)http://www.pbase.com/sonar5/pimaamarc

It, does. indeed, get a little hairy over there but the OM forum is that way by design. Nel's encouraged it's use as a place to "post whatever you want" after the (in)famous Noel S., et al, episode a few years back on the regular MSFS forum. And it certainly is a free-for-all. Not a place for the thin-skined or insecure. Those guys will eat you alive in 3 posts.Trip

Under the name that tune genre.I can eat that guy alive in One Post... :-lol :-loljk...... It can be a interesting place at times, same as hangar Chat can. One point though. Both Avsim and Flightsim can be considered quite mild compared to quite a few other sites. Just take a look at some of the gaming forums.I feel they both sites do an outstanding job, considering the task at hand, and I appreciate them giving me the opportunity to vent once in a while.Life is fun, live a little, humor it up a bit, and then go flying. :-)Works every time...Regards,Joe :-waveHere are Picture Galleries of My Trip out west in 2002.Gallery #1 Pima Air & Space Museum + AMARC (Boneyard) at Davis Monthan AFB, Tucson, Arizona. (over 240 Pictures)http://www.pbase.com/sonar5/pimaamarc

Why do many simmers on this site refer to flightsim.com as "the other" site? Are you afraid to will be chastised by others in this forum?They both serve a purpose, and that is to provide information and cameraderie, but of late there is a "our site is better than their site" tone.Avsim has its problems as much as flightsim does.