Sign in to follow this  
Guest moonrunner

Waypoints not showing

Guest moonrunner

When importing a flight plan into AS2k it shows the departure and destination IDs only. None of the waypoint IDs are showing. The rest of the information for the waypoints are there. Just the IDs of the waypoints are missing. I created the FP in FSNavigator and exported it to FS2004. I loaded the flightplan with the FS2004 FlightPlanner and then immediately saved it back before hitting 'OK' to load the plan to ATC. I then exited FS and started AS2k and hit new route and importd the filght plan. The results were as stated at the beginning of this post.

moonrunner,I don't have FSNav so: After saving the plan in FS, if you re-open it in FS, do the IDs show up in FS?JimActiveSky Support

Guest moonrunner

Hi JimFSNav has it's own file format with the extension of fsn. FSNav converts and exports the flighplan to a pln extension for FS2004 so you can't get the file back into FSNav. All you can do is open FSNav's saved file in its fsn format. I went through the process again and this time after loading the file from the Flight Planner to ATC I went back to the Filght Planner and opened and saved the file again to see if that would make any difference. Still no Navigation Point IDs. The plan I have been trying is from KLAX-KDEN with 25 Navigation Points. AS2k shows the departure id - KLAX and the destination ID - KDEN and all the other information for the rest of the navigation points but no waypoint ids. The IDs do show up in FSNavs own route display but as I said that is in FSNavs own file format.

Your explaination is great! Now what I want to know is after the conversion and the re-save in FS, do the waypoint IDs stick IN FS. I am wondering along the way of some process drops the waypoint IDs and that is why when AS2004 gets the plan there are no IDs to show.Maybe I need to get the demo version and try it out later on this weekend!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Jim,I follow the following process and get the same result.1. Create and generate the Flight Plan with FSBuild 2.22. Load AS and import the flight plan. - All the waypoints are listed.3. Open FS and load Flight plan.4. Immediately save the flight plan.5. When I now load AS and import the Flight plan the way points are missing.P.S. The way points correctly import it 'Radar.RegardsRussell Jourdain (NZL007/ZK-RHJ)

Russell,Just the IDs or the entire set of waypoints?JimActiveSky Support

It's just the IDs. All the rest of the info is there. Sample below.RegardsRussell Jourdain (NZL007/ZK-RHJ)NZCH 39.7 357 350 291 39 -60.5 300 282 8 184.1 359 351 291 39 -60.5 300 298 37 74.5 359 352 299 35 -60.3 300 292 15 57.1 340 334 312 36 -59.8 300 274 12NZAA 51.1 338 332 300 37 -58.5 300 278 11 ----- ----- 406.6 83m 1.38H

OK, thanks. Didn't know if it was the same problem or different. I'll check it out when finished with a flight.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest moonrunner

Hi Jim,I did as you asked and all of the waypoint IDs are still showing in the FS2004 Flight Planner Navlog. I even loaded the plan from last night that has sit for 24 hours on the PC and the waypoint IDs were all there in FS2004 Flight Planner Navlog. They are, of course, there in FSNav since after it exports the file it has nothing more to do with the FS Flight Planner. Yhr file is 'turned over' to FS Flight Planner and FSNav uses its own original file that has been saved in fsn extension.I even created another flight plan tonight from KlAX-KLGA, 49 Navigation Points from FSNav :-) and saved it to Flight Planner after opening the plan in FS Flight Planner. I check the waypoint IDs in the FS2004 Flight Planner Navlog and they were all there. Again after a little processing time I check the FS2004 Flight Planner Nav log again and all IDs were still there. Still no ID's in AS2K Route Planner excecpt for departure and destination. I should also tell you that the IDs are showing up in Active Radar so it just in the importing to the route planner that the enroute IDs are being dropped.

Thanks everyone for your help. Looks like Damian will need to come along.JimActiveSky Support

Hi all,Thanks for the reports... I will investigate further and come up with a solution. Please send me your .PLN files which reproduce this problem to damianc@hifisim.com. Thanks!-Damian

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest moonrunner

Hi,I found something interesting reagarding this problem with FSNav. I created and loaded a flight plan from KIAD-KSEA using FSNav and I forgot to save it again before I started AS2K. When I loaded the plan in the route planner all of the Navigation point IDS showed up and the plan loaded fine. The only thing Active Radar crashed FS2004 to the desktop when I attempted to load the plan into Active Radar. I then restarted FS2004, set up the same scenario and this time after loading the plan and getting all of my waypoint IDs in the route planner I then went in and saved the plan back and started Active Radar and it loaded perfectly. The work around is there. Create the plan with FSNav. Load the Plan into Flight Planner. Start AS2K and load the plan into the route plaanner. All IDs present. Go back to FS2004 and save the plan and then start Active Radar. The only thing you have to remember is that if you use the same flight plan again you have go into FSNav and export the same plan again into FS2004 Flight Planner and overwrite the old plan. You then just follow the routine that you used when you first created the plan.If you change the plan in FSNav after viewing the weather conditions in Route Planner and export it again to the FS2004 Flight Planner you have to be sure and also follow the same routine. Do not resave the plan before you import to Route Planner. Save it immediately afterwards. Works for me. :-)