Sign in to follow this  
Guest thegriff

cloud pops 2

Guest thegriff

Hi Damian,I've done some more testing with the TAF turned off and I'm still getting the cloud pop ups.So it appears the disappearance of clouds is happening when AS2004 writes the weather to FSPUIC.Could it be that something's not working right with 3.14 version of FSPUIC?Thanks, Scott

Hi Scott,So far we have it down to three possibilities, please share your results concerning them:- Improper local suppression settings. Make sure this option is enabled and use a high range, say 150nm. You should observe that no stations update within this radius. Due to FS9 internal interpolation, it is possible for those local writes at far distances to still effect your current area (due to areas with few reporting points). You should thus use a high range setting - 80nm might not do it. Also make sure your suppression altitude option is enabled and correct (suggest 10K if you're flying jets, otherwise 2K). Updates will be prevented when airborne and below this altitude.- Problem with local writes effecting global weather, possibly related to the new FSUIPC. Try without global writes, do you get the same effect?- Visibility smoothing side-effect. Try without this option enabled to see if clouds still change.Let me know if this applies, and please share any additional information you have concerning this... Thanks a bunch!Damian ClarkHiFi Simulation SoftwareDeveloper of ActiveSkyhttp://www.hifisim.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004betateam.jpg

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest scottzdc

Hi Damian, I spoke to soon on earlier post. Was making short flight last night, PSS A343 KIAD- KPHF about 120nm. Great overcast with some holes all the way tops around 15000. Descending into PHF as I approached suppresion Altitude of 10000 the clouds popped out. Using 80nm range, I'll bump that up to 150 and seeif it still happens. If there is a short answer, I'd appreciate knowing how the program decides ovc tops. I'm a real ATC and yesterday we were getting tops reports around FL390 (no thunderstorms, huge storm moving into east coast of US). I'm just curiousChris

Hi DamianMax suppression range I can set is 100nm AS2004 does not allow more than that. Using Alpha 2RegardsJannier

Regards
Jannie Roelofse

Flight1 Software Project Manager

Guest thegriff

same here Damian, but I'll try itscott

Guest thegriff

Damian,As I posted earlier, AS2004 would only let a maximum local supression range of 100.I tried a flight with that number and set ceiling supression at 10,000. Still got cloud pops. But not as big an area.I did have global writes on.Should I change the cloud draw distance or cloud sight distance?I'll keep testing,Scott

Guest thegriff

One other thing I checked.Look at my configuration. I set the local suppression range at 200 on the options menu, but when it refreshed it went back to 50.However, that's not the case in the configuration file. It reads 200.//AS2004 configuration file[General]WindowPosX = 3630WindowPosY = 3615DefaultWeatherFolder = C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9ModulesActiveSky2004SuppressionCeiling = 10000SurfaceWindLimit = 10CloudLayerLimit = 10LocalSuppressionRange = 200OnlineUpdates = FalseExtendedDestinationWindsForce = FalseGlobalWrites = TrueVoicePlayback = TrueLocalSuppression = TrueStartupSound = FalseUseProxyServer = FalseFogLayerGeneration = TrueUpdateSuppression = TrueOvercastEnhancement = TrueRouteWindSmoothing = FalseLimitSurfaceWinds = FalseLimitCloudLayers = TrueDisableUpperLayerGeneration = FalseVisibilitySmoothing = FalseDisableMessages = FalseAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueUpdateInterval = 10VATSIMData = FalseZuluConversion = -5TAFProcessing = TrueWakeTurb = FalseStartPaused = FalseUseSystemTime = FalseDisableCAVOKClouds = FalseProxyAddress = NONE

Guest Binzy

Hi Damian , i tried to set the local suppression setting at 150 but it keeps going back to 50 - is there another way of doing it . It seems 100 is the max setting Regards Rob

Hi Scott,I know you have tried many combinations, but here is one more as I look at your latest settings:Lower Supression Ceiling to 2000.Turn TAF processing OFF.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest thegriff

Tried that and it still gives me pop ups.Damian in a new post on this thread says to put suppression ceiling at 10,000 for jets.

I had the same problem when setting both altitude and range simultaneously.To get around it I set the altitude - then saved - then set the range - then saved. That was last night (18 hours ago). I have just checked after reading your post and it shows 10000/150.Haven't flown since I changed the settings so cannot comment of the effectiveness or otherwise and probably won't have time until tomorrow due to a visit from the wifes family x(Andy b

Ooops - spoke too soon.Family is running late so I decided to steat a flight. Suppression range reverts to 50nm as with flight plan loaded.Andy b