Sign in to follow this  
Guest thegriff

More cloud pop findings

Guest thegriff

Hi Damian,Just other things I've observed while trying to figure out this cloud pop thing.To avoid updates from happening (because that's when the cloud pops occur) I've set the ceiling surpression update at 50,000 feet.However, even when I do that I still get updates about one an hour, which is puzzling to me because I thought you weren't supposed to get those updates while under the supression setting.I've tried all of the things you mentioned. Global writes off and visibility off and still no solution. I wanted to expand the supression range to 150, but the program won't all me to do it as I've explained earlier. The highest range setting I can put in is 100.I'm not expert on this stuff, but it appears to be a supression range problem to me.Hope this stuff is helping you figure it out because what I'm seeing out the window of the plane is unbelievable weather. It just disappears all of the sudden.Thanks again,Scott

Scott,I know you are doing everything possible, so hang in there. Refresh my memory, what flavor of FSUIPC are you using?JimActiveSky Support

Guest thegriff

I'm using FSUIPC version 3.14 if that's what you mean by flavor. It's a registered version.Scott

Would you test a theory of mine? Use an unregistered copy and see if you get pop ups. Cut and paste your FSUIPC files and install the unregistered version. None of this may matter in a while, as we are testing MR1.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest thegriff

Hi Jim,I used an unregistered version of 3.14 and still got the cloud pops during the update.Thanks for the suggestion as always.Scott

Guest DavidR

I also experienced a cloud pop yesterday. In my case, the cloud bank I was in just completely disappeared. It happened directly above a weather station, too.I had global writes off, visibility smoothing off, and TAF off. I had attempted to set the suppression range to 150, but I noticed after the flight that it was back to 50. But I was directly over a station, so it's hard to imagine that an update to a station 50nm away would affect my local weather, even with FS9 interpolating between stations.I have an FSUIPC log for the entire flight, including this cloud pop out. The pop out happened right after an update, although the station that I was over (KOTH) was not included. In fact, KOTH had not been updated since it was first set.It's as if FS9 forgets some stations if you don't update them regularly.I still have the logs and all my INI files if anyone wants to see them.Dave