Sign in to follow this  
Splash_One

Help Downloading Please

HiI can find the file I want to download, but I can find nowhere on the page where to download it. Nothing starts automatically and there are no buttons to press. Please help.

If you are running some sort of firewall, try disabling any ad-blocker you are running and see if that makes a difference. If so, you'll need to change the settings in your firewall to allow ftp.avsim.com

Hi Scott,Thanks for the tip. I just installed Norton Internet Security 2002, and i wondered what was wrong, having the same problem as the other person. But it sure helps when you look around first and read, saves having to ask the same question as someone else.Best Shaun :-)

The only way I could get it to go through the firewall was to temporaraly disable Norton, download the file and re-enable it again. If you managed to configure the site, can you tell me what settings you used please.

In Internet Security 2002 i just disabled the AD Blocker in the checkbox, and i could download, did,nt need to turn the firewall off at all.Best Shaun.

Yes I had the same problem a while back, all it was is the ad blocker, just turn that off and it will/should do the trick