Sign in to follow this  
Guest navneet_cxp

Crashing to Desktop!!!

Guest navneet_cxp

I used PMDG with ActiveSky 2004 and after loading the weather,i changed the view (by pressing 's') to the external view and noticed that the textures of the aircraft are not loading and FS9 crashes to desktop.Any Solution.Please Help.

What graphics card and driver combination are you using? Heavy weather conditions do strain the video system. You may need to adjust your video settings down a bit.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

Guest navneet_cxp

My Configuration is:AMD Athlon XP 1700+ATI Radeon 9600 128MBCatalyst 4.2 DriversVia Hyperion v4.5140GB Western Digital HDD

Hi,This does not sound related to AS2004... But with many polys and textures are being drawn with clouds, coupled with the PMDG 737, your system certainly will be strained with a 1700+. If you can reproduce this condition, try setting FS9 default real wx without loading AS2004 and you should note the same thing. Can you confirm?FWIW, I had similar problems (when using S key or activating overhead panel) with the PMDG wihout AS2004 loaded when I had only 512MB ram on XP Home. By uninstalling my anti-virus program and ending all unrequired apps I got it to run ok 90% of the time. Upraded to 768MB and the problem went away entirely (with antivirus installed again, but of course with real-time protection off). On an XP2400+ with ATI 9700 Pro. Hope that helps! Please let us know how things work out.-DamianP.S. Have also heard of certain driver versions causing similar problems on some system. You might want to try an older Catalyst driver as well.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Unfortunatly I've just had the same problem. Was just flying from Nice to Gatwick (PMDG 737). Went to admire the view with the s key and saw FS disappear to desktop. Weather seemed to be working fine, it was clear so there was no strain on the hardware. I have a 3.06Mhz with 1 gig Ram ATI9700 3.85 Omega drivers. Have not updated these as am happy with perfomance.I am using the latest MR1 update, with no other programs running in conjuction. Do not know if its a bug or to do with ATI. Otherwise no other problems so far. Not seen any wind shifts up to now.Well done on a great program!!!Adam

Oh dear. Went to fly again but it has crashed with the normal cockpit view (PMDG) I have not had any problems with PMDG so can only think there maybe a clash between the two but cannot say that for sure, until I try some other panels.It seems to be happening about 30 mins after I have begun the flight.Is anybody else having problems between these two. Regards Adam

Guest BernBear

just had the same happening to me flying out of KSEA for KLGA, CTD twice shortly before reacing cruising altitude.I think it must be some sort of conflict between PMDG and AS, didn't change any other software except install build 90.Never had that happen to me before, will try another flight with different weather data and see if it happens again, it occured when AS tried to update.Best RegardsMax (Bern, LSZB)http://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004betateam.jpg http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg

Completed another flight today EGKK - EDDF With saved weather from saturday (PMDG panel). Had no problems with this flight. I guess this maybe a random bug.Adam

For the first time I got a CTD yesterday on a flight from KDEN to KIAD. I was just about to start the approach when FS9 just flicked right off and went to the desktop. I too am flying the PMDG 737 with AS4MR1 build 90. I am about to fly KIAD to KORD and will post what the results of this flight. If I get a CTD will fly it again with the FS9 default weather.CheersBob Johnson

Hi all,There are so far 4 reports of CTD with PMDG737 and AS2004 b90. For one of these users, the problem has cleared up.We have received 3 other non-PMDG737 CTD reports. I was also advised that there is a season transition bug causing FS9 crashes at the moment (I experienced it too! See FS main forum for details).Based on the reports so far, I don't think this is PMDG737 or AS2004 related at all.Of course, I will do everything I can to help out and if found that AS2004 is causing any problems, it will be fixed immediately. Note that this is a very common "trouble report" that we support all the time, and in every single case the problem has turned out to be something NON-AS2004 related.Common reasons for FS9 Crashes:- Bad video drivers- Bad landclass and/or scenery (VERY COMMON!)- Corrupt FS9 installation and/or missing files- Seasonal FS9 bug- Hardware problems and/or conflicts- Bad network setup (if using a LAN)Please keep us informed on your status. So far it appears that each report was a one-time occurrence (except for one user who had it twice). Let me know if otherwise. Thanks all!-Damian

Damian Clark

Guest BernBear

DamianYou may be right that this might be a season related bug, plus it might be location specific.So far I had this happen only on daylight flights out of KBFI or KSEA eastbound, with the PMDG 737 or the Flight 1 Meridian.In daylight I got the CTD about 10 minutes after departure, 5 times in a row, 3 times with the PMDG, twice with the meridian. Tried 1 flight with each plane at night, no CTD.I will try it again with FS9 default weather and report back.Best RegardsMax (Bern, LSZB)http://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004betateam.jpg http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg

Hi Damian and Jim,Well it is a couple of hours since I completed my flight from KIAD to KORD and family just got in the way of me doing my post.First I had NOT CTD's on this flight, good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!On my last flight from KDEN to KIAD, I need to reveal that I was changing a lot of setting enroute. I started the flight with NO wind smoothing function enabbled. I got a lot of wind shifts and stuff that I was not happy with. So in the middle of the flight, I attempted to change all the AS settings. I really think this is what caused the CTD.Today, I flew with wind smoothing on, and all the default settings in both AS and FSUIPC and everything worked just fine. The weather was not nice over Chicago today so this was a good test. AS4 worked just perfect, although there were a couple of bad wind shifts on descent it was very good. If it helps you guys here are my settings://AS2004 configuration file[General]WindowPosX = 15WindowPosY = -180DefaultWeatherFolder = C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9ModulesActiveSky2004SuppressionCeiling = 2000SurfaceWindLimit = 10CloudLayerLimit = 5LocalSuppressionRange = 100MinimumVisibility = 0MaximumVisibility = 50IncreasedWake = FalseDisableWindsAloft = FalseForceDestinationWeatherZone = FalsePreventIcing = TrueOnlineUpdates = FalseExtendedDestinationWindsForce = FalseGlobalWrites = FalseVoicePlayback = TrueLocalSuppression = TrueStartupSound = FalseUseProxyServer = FalseFogLayerGeneration = TrueUpdateSuppression = TrueOvercastEnhancement = TrueRouteWindSmoothing = TrueLimitSurfaceWinds = FalseLimitCloudLayers = TrueAutoGlobalWriteToggle = TrueCCWindsFix = TrueDisableUpperLayerGeneration = FalseVisibilitySmoothing = TrueDisableMessages = FalseAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueUpdateInterval = 10VATSIMData = FalseZuluConversion = -7TAFProcessing = FalseEnforceVisibilityLimits = TrueWakeTurb = TrueStartPaused = FalseUseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = FalseProxyAddress = NONE

Just thought I would add a final word and apologies for jumping to any conclusions.Was able to recreate a flight From Nice to Gatwick with FS default weather same day and time as before and low and behold around the same time had a CTD. Which proves Activesky had NO involvement creating these CTD.I admit I was unaware of these seasonal crashes etc mentioned earlier in the thread. Guess I've been lucky up to now. Again many thanks Damian and Jim for a great program and look forward to future developments.Regards Adam:-wave

Hi Adam thanks for the follow up...To all:ALL CTD issues verified non-as2004 related. If you have crashes, please check the main forum on "seasonal bug" issues and fixes, update your video drivers, and check any add-on scenery that may be causing problems. Hope that helps!Closing support thread...-Damian

Damian Clark