Sign in to follow this  
Guest FS_freak

Are there any good Gmax 737-700's available?

Are there any good Gmax 737-700's available? Im especially looking for a Southwest Airlines plane, I downloaded the FFG version of the plane but something just don't look right about the plane.

No GMAX 737-700s yet!I believe FFG is working on the NG series in GMAX. Matts Falck (sorry if I spelled your name wrong Matts)who was the 737 designer from AFG moved over to FFG and I believe he is going to be continuing his work over there.Hope this helps you out :)Shane

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Thanks :) I'll just have to keep my eye out for a Gmax 737-700. In the meantime I'll keep the FFG version.

Just curious, what's 'just not right' about the FSDS FFG -700?

Guest FS_freak

I was just waiting for someone to bring up this subject: Mike Stone v.s. FFG. One of the most appealing characteristics of Boeing's 707/727/737 aircraft is exactly the fluid and progresive curves that make up the front fuselage, cockpit windows and the nose of these birds. I had been searching for some time now and never came accross a freeware aircraft that really portrayed the true feeling of a Boeing bird seen nose first. That is until FFG's 737 came along. I can tell you that they did an outstanding job at this. No more oversized cockpit windows or distorted front fuselage contours as seen on other samples. I know there are some excellent aircraft out there as far as gmax goodies and texture quality are concerned, Mike's 727 and Yeo's 737 being two fabulous examples. However I just couldn't spend much time on spot view when flying these aircraft because the general contour flaws would come forth rather quickly. If you look close at Mike's 727 (as well as his 757) you will notice that the cockpit as seen from spot view is somewhat distorted when compared to the real thing. Looks more like something out of Tupolev's hangars. There is also something very wrong with the vertical stabilizer of the 727, seems too square and too wide. Bottom line is I would really like to be able to transplant FFG's beautiful front sections to any of the gmax birds, but then that would be too much to ask... or wouldn't it?Mauricio