Sign in to follow this  

FSD Commander: Jerky Virtual Cockpit Instruments

I've been using the FSD Commander for a few weeks. All in all, I think it's a great plane.I noticed something tonight, though. I was flying with the virtual cockpit, and happened to swap out to the default Cessna 172SP. I immediately noticed how much smoother the instruments were. I jumped back to the Commander and the bank indicator and altitude indicator were very herky-jerky, to the point that it was difficult to fly by the numbers. I tried loading up the default baron - smooth instruments. Back to the commander - sluggish and jerky. In all cases, the frame rate stayed locked at my maxium of 20fps.The instruments in the virtual cockpit have been bugging me for a while now, but I thought it was a general problem with FS2k2 and didn't realize how much smoother the default planes were. They aren't as smooth as the 2d panels, of course, but they are pretty close. In comparison, it's difficult to fly-by-hand with the commander in VC.Has anyone else noticed this? Could it be something specific to my set-up or some wierd issue with the commander config (which I have not touched). I love the plane, and really want to use it, but I sure do like the way the instruments work in the default planes.

My experience:I have all the FSD aircraft, and I particularly fly the Commander quite a bit. I have absolutely no problems with it. I fly almost exclusively in the VC, except when making changes to the instruments, switches, etc.Maybe try posting your problem and system specs in the FSD support forum. Could be your settings, add-ons, number of AI aircraft, your system, etc.Brad DykesAMD XP 2100+1 gig Samsung 2700 DDR60 gig Maxtor HDDChaintech GeForce 4 Ti4600Windows XP (Home)etc.

I have been using the Commander in VC mode since it has been out - no problem at all with that or the Cheyenne !!!