I was flying between London and Rome today at 31000. At this sort of level, the temperature should be well below zero, yet it was +14 C. I had a hell of a time getting to FL310; I was at 500fpm or less for the last 6 or 7000 feet.Any help would be appreciated.-Phil

Guest BK1

I had this problem. However, for unrelated reasons I decided I don't like the route-based wind smoothing, so I turned it off. The temperature problems you're describing disappeared immediately.Bruce.

Hi, what software are you using? wxRE or AS2004?Do you have the latest update? wxRE is 1.92 and As2004 is 1.1build90-Damian

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest Panman

Decided to bring this back up to yhe top.I recently purchased Ready for Pushback V2. It was then that I noticed a problem with ActiveSky 2004 (Build 90).With route based wind smoothing on, upper level temperatures are not always correct. I am currently doing EGLL-OMDB and I was getting a temperature of +8.7C TAT at FL350 the FFRATS could not maintain a cruise of M0.84 it would slowly bleed off until I intervened at M0.78. Turned off route based wind smoothing and the temperature gradually (in the space of about 2 minutes) dropped to -22.7C TAT and FFRATS now maintains M0.84 with no problems at all and no intervention.I didn't pick this up in beta testing as obviously I didn't have RFP V2 and the other aircraft I had all worked fine.

Guest NBL648

Hi all, I have noticed this as well and not just in one global area. I haven't tried turning off the route based wind smoothing. I do not use RFP but do use the PMDG 737NG series. According to the flight plan, temps should be in the -40 to -50 range but the TAT is giving either around 0 or higher. Haven't had any other problems with AS2004 and really love how it displays layers and manages weather. A friend who flies a lot of multiplayer with me also using the same PMDG experiences the same. This has only started recently....within the last three weeks. Prior to that the TAT was displaying fine. I am using AS2004 build 90. Thanks....Paul M."Big Sky---Little Bullet"---For All Other Impediments There's TCAShttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Now that everyone is bringing this up, I too have had the same problem of late with temps at high altitude. Using the PMDG 737 I noticed that my TAT on a flight from Denver to Orlando at 33,000 feet was -1 C, that is way to high. This has been going on for about the last 3 weeks. I have been using route base wind smoothing. On my next flight tomorrow I will try it with wind smoothing off.CheersBob

Any body in the last few replies coincidentally upgrade FSUIPC to 3.22 at that time?

Yes I did, but I don't think that would have had any affect on AS. Why do you ask?Bob

Guest NBL648

Just a quick update......and yes I have all the latest updates to AS2004 and FSUIPC.... when I turn off route-based wind smoothing the temp at altitude is normal as reported by the flight planner...with it active, the temp is at least 30-40 degrees too hot.Paul M."Big Sky---Little Bullet"---For All Other Impediments There's TCAShttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Hi Just wanted to confirm the same thing. Yesterday I flew from Orlando to San Juan PR, with wind smoothing off and I got normal temps the entire trip, no abnormal high temp. So this problem is related somehow to the wind route smoothing option.BobKDEN

Guest NBL648

Hi Jim, No I wasn't.......but last evening with the route based wind smoothing off and flight plan processed the temps were off by 40 degree on the 'warm' side...same with the fellow flying multiplayer with me...it seems now to happen regardless.....go figure...ya just have to 'love' gremlins....:DPaul M."Big Sky---Little Bullet"---For All Other Impediments There's TCAShttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Hi JimI was testing an FDE from Oliveira on defaut b747 today and while I was flying I loaded up AS2004. Cleared all weather with FSUIPC first and waited for the weather update to make my plane shift and go overspeed ;) All this was while crusing at FL31. I noticed that N1 was almost 100% and thought that was a bit weird so I thought I had some bad headwind, but no. checked wind data in AS and everything looked ok. Fired up WeatherSet2 thats part of FSUIPC package and saw that the temp at my FL was completely off. All other FLs below and above had normal temps.I cleared weather with FSUIPC and refreshed, but same thing happend again. Went to FL33 even though I had taken off from Seattle only 30 mins ago with full tanks. That helped a lot, N1 back down to 94% or so and fuel consumption went down quite a bit. I had to fly at FL33 for at least 30 mins or more before temps at FL30 went back to normal. Will do some more testing to see if I can reproduce this.Using unregistered FSUIPC 3.212, but I am about to download the new one as I write this.Hope this was of some help to nail down the temp problem. Unless Damian already knows what is causing this :)JT

Hi JT, All,I worked on this issue earlier in MR2 development and have since been unable to duplicate the problem.MR2 will be available for public beta very soon. Thanks for all the input and help troubleshooting this one!-Damian

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies