Sign in to follow this  
DC10

First Class Members?

This is a tremendous site with a very generous spirit toward the simming community.So, I am concerned about a line in your main page paragraph promoting today's new download files. The line is "where every user gets First Class treatment".That looks like a pretty clear jab at Flightsim.com and their method of handling congestion on their servers. However, taking jabs at a fellow flightsim site seems totally out of character for Avsim. One of the hallmarks of Avsim is it professionalism.I was just hoping someone would clarify that I am, in fact, reading this wrong and to assure that anyone else who reads it that way is helped to understand Avsim doesn't operate that way.Thanks.

Hmmmm, your first post and you are taking exception to our friendly competition? Okay, noted.

No, not my first post. I remember looking for the Cessna 185 once and was helped in this forum. It was long enough ago that I have a different email address and no recollection of the former password, so I registered again. But I am clearly not a part of your forum community.Anyway, I mean no offense nor am I a troll that lives under an internet bridge somewhere. I am sure that my lack of participation in the forums here have kept me in the dark (although, still not under a bridge) regarding the friendly competition between sites. That would explain why the comment seemed out of character to me.I have done some writing for Nels in the past and always considered it an act of kindess on his part to allow me the opportunity. So, I have a kind of personal loyalty to his site and that is why I asked for the clarification here. The "friendly competition" puts it all in perspective for me.But it was clarification I was asking for, not taking exception, as I am sure you are capable of running this place quite well on your own. You have a wonderful site. I am here three times a day, at least. My apology if you found this out of line.

Tom, I'm reminded of when my son started grade school. There was a rash of those "My son/daughter is an honor student at so-and-so school" bumper sticker all over town. My son's school gave every kid a bumper sticker that read "Every student is honored at so-and-so school".Mike Stone

The thing is, so many sites have these first class membership - they are making money from faster downloads for freewares?i was not particularly impressed when FSplanet took my file and uploaded to their page (after uploading to simviation)... i wouldn't want people to make money with my files!Good on you guys at AVSIM - doing an absolutely great job. btw the uploading process is very well designed - top stuff! :)Cheers,Dickson