Sign in to follow this  
russ69

Can't load v2 adventures into Active Radar

I need some help.I'm trying to run ActiveSky Weather Adventures Vol 2 - Fly the AT. Everything goes fine except for the next to last step of the normal procedures where it says to "Load your flight plan in ActiveRadar (MODES, Planning, MSFS). When I load as directed FlyAT-Leg01.PLN (or any v2 plan) no flight plan is loaded into Active Radar. If I load a PLN from v1 the plan is immediately loaded. Can anyone tell me what I've done wrong or what to do to correct this?Thanks.RussI installed the adventures using the installer package asad2ins.zip. WinXP Pro, P4 2.4 Ghz, ECS MB, ATI 9800 PRO, 1024 MB RAM, Direct X 9.0b,36 GB HD, FS9, AS2004

Problem solved Russ!ActiveRadar doesn't seem to like the "-" in the volume 2 file names. Rename them from FlyAT-Leg*.pln to FlyATLeg*.pln and you're good to go!I'll post this in the pinned thread above in case anyone else runs across this - Thanks Russ!PS> I'm back, Jim. ;)Best,sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Thanks for your quick response.I removed the"-" with no change. Version 2 flight plans do not load into ActiveRadar and v1 flight plans do. I rebooted my computer this AM and started all over, when I tried to reload FlyAT-Leg02 or any of the 10 plans I got an error message saying the associated flight plan file is missing. It appears to me FlyAT-Leg02 is expecting the "-" to be part of the file name.Russ

Okay...strange.In the FS9FlightsAS2k4ADv2 folder, leave the FlyAT-Leg*.pln files alone, but copy them and paste them into My DocumentsFlight Simulator Files - rename those FlyATLeg*.pln and try to load that into Active Radar. I was fairly certain that the - was the issue, but if not, then I'd like to see what's going on. Do the pln files load into FS9 okay for you? One other thing - have you tried to load any other flight plans into active radar? The reason that I ask is that the one you used in your example, leg 2, contains a custom waypoint, maybe that's throwing it off? Could you try to load FlyATLeg07.pln into ActiveRadar and see if it loads - leg 7 has just VORs and NDBs. If you open the file FlyATLeg02.pln in notepad, is this what you see:(flightplan)title=KBML to KLEBdescription=Fly the AT Leg 02 KBML to KLEBtype=VFRroutetype=1cruising_altitude=7000departure_id=KBML, N44* 34.52', W71* 10.56', +001161.42departure_position=PARKING 1destination_id=KLEB, N43* 37.57', W72* 18.25', +000603.67departure_name=Berlin Mundestination_name=Lebanon Munwaypoint.0=KBML, A, N44* 34.52', W71* 10.56', +001161.42,waypoint.1=Fix01, I, N44* 16.63', W71* 21.14', +000000.00,waypoint.2=LAH, N, N43* 42.14', W72* 10.65', +000000.00,waypoint.3=KLEB, A, N43* 37.57', W72* 18.25', +000603.67,You're right about the GPS - I have this issue where the flight saves the exact path to the plan - so for me it would be c:documents and settingsgridleymy documentsflight simulator files which obviously changes on every computer, so I've saved the flight plans in the FS9FlightsAS2k4ADv2 folder so that path is constant. Once we get this sorted out, I can release a flight plans patch - sorry to make you the guinnea pig!Best,sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Russ, Check you email, and/or read the pinned post above regarding the patched flight plans!Thanks for your help on this one...Best,sg