Sign in to follow this  

Boeing 707 panel question

I have two excellently rendered Boeing 707 panels on my system. The first was produced by Paul Golding earlier in the year and the second quite recently by Helio Estrela. Both are well done from an FS perspective - yet, they are quite different in appearance from each other. Helio's features four boxy fire extinguisher controls in the top-center of the panel whereas Paul's does not. A quick visit to airliners.net shows that the 707-300 varients mostly had those fire extinguishers whereas models labeled 707-700s (presumably newer) did not. I did see a photo of one 707-300 model with obviously newer gauges that also was missing the boxy fire extinguisher controls. Can anyone provide any more enlightening information regarding the use of these two panel configurations?

Guest DreamFleet

To keep it somewhat simple, as there would be some variations, 1967 was the changeover year, when the fire handles were moved away from the center glare shield, and a console was put in its place. No doubt due to development work on the 747. There were also other changes made, but that would be the more significant as to the panel's look. :-)Regards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F..._FORUM_LOUF.jpg