Sign in to follow this  
Guest Popart

FSUIPC and AS2004 settings request

Guest Popart

I am not much of a tweaker, so I can't help but thinking I am missing some great features of AS2004 (using MR2 build 115) in conjunction with a registered version of FSUIPC. I still get rapid cloud transitions, not smooth ones.So my question is plain and simple: can someone (or someones) please post their AS2004 and FSUIPC ini files, for me to compare.If you're satisfied with how it works on your computer and you have similar specs as mine (posted below), please let me know.PentiumIV 3,2Ghz (running at 3,5 Ghz)1024 MB RAMAti Radeon 9800XTFSUIPC (registered)AS2004 configuration file[General]WindowPosX = 4125WindowPosY = 4995DefaultWeatherFolder = F:Flight Simulator 9ModulesActiveSky2004SuppressionCeiling = 4000SurfaceWindLimit = 10CloudLayerLimit = 5LocalSuppressionRange = 50MinimumVisibility = 0MaximumVisibility = 50IncreasedWake = FalseDisableWindsAloft = FalseAutoConvertPlanFiles = FalseForceDestinationWeatherZone = TruePreventIcing = FalseOnlineUpdates = TrueExtendedDestinationWindsForce = FalseGlobalWrites = FalseVoicePlayback = TrueLocalSuppression = TrueStartupSound = FalseDisableGroundUpdates = FalseUseProxyServer = FalseFogLayerGeneration = TrueUpdateSuppression = TrueOvercastEnhancement = TrueFSUIPCWindSmoothing = TrueLimitSurfaceWinds = FalseLimitCloudLayers = FalseAutoGlobalWriteToggle = TrueRainWithTS = TrueDisableUpperLayerGeneration = FalseVisibilitySmoothing = TrueDisableMessages = TrueAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueUpdateInterval = 10VATSIMData = FalseZuluConversion = 2TAFProcessing = TrueEnforceVisibilityLimits = FalseWakeTurb = TrueStartPaused = FalseUseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = FalseProxyAddress = NONEFSUIPC configuration file[General]History=4P1CHO30KUWAZWAPI0SCQTCASid=FlightTCASrange=40TrafficScanPerFrame=10AxisCalibration=NoCentredDialogue=NoClearWeatherDynamics=YesOwnWeatherChanges=NoWeatherReadInterval=4MoveBGLvariables=YesMainMenu=&ModulesSubMenu=&FSUIPC ...WindSmoothing=YesAutoTaxiWind=NoWhiteMessages=NoThrottleSyncAll=NoGraduatedVisibility=YesLowerVisAltitude=0UpperVisAltitude=25000UpperVisibility=6000GenerateCirrus=YesWindShearSharp=NoUpperWindGusts=YesExtendMetarMaxVis=YesPatchSimApAlt=NoDisconnTrimForAP=NoAutoClearWeather=YesExtendTopWind=NoWindSmoothness=5SmoothPressure=YesPressureSmoothness=5SmoothVisibility=YesVisibilitySmoothness=2MaxSurfaceWind=0WindLimitLevel=200WindDiscardLevel=400WindAjustAltitude=NoWindAjustAltitudeBy=2000MinimumVisibility=0MaximumVisibilityFewClouds=6000MaximumVisibility=2000MaximumVisibilityOvercast=2000MaximumVisibilityRainy=1000OneCloudLayer=NoThinClouds=NoThinThunderClouds=NoCloudThinness=1000ThunderCloudThinness=10000CloudTurbulence=YesCloudIcing=YesWindTurbulence=YesSuppressAllGusts=NoExternalOptionControl=YesAutoTuneADF=NoKeepFS98CloudCover=NoShowPMcontrols=NoMagicBattery=NoRudderSpikeRemoval=NoElevatorSpikeRemoval=NoAileronSpikeRemoval=NoReversedElevatorTrim=NoTrapUserInterrupt=YesNavFreq50KHz=NoClockSync=YesSmoothIAS=YesSetVisUpperAlt=YesVisUpperAltLimit=6000MaxIce=4WindSmoothingDelay=0WindSmoothAirborneOnly=NoVisSmoothingDelay=0VisSmoothAirborneOnly=NoSuppressCloudTurbulence=NoSuppressWindTurbulence=NoSpoilerIncrement=512ShortAircraftNameOk=NoFixWindows=NoFixControlAccel=No

Guest Popart

Thanks for the fast response Jim!I'll wait for your mail and let you know how it works.Thanks again.

Hi,At first glace I would suggest this:FSUIPC: Generate Cirrus OFF (can cause cloud pops)AS2004: Local Suppression range to 100miles (the higher the range, the less chance of pops)There is also a known FSUIPC problem in 3.30/B115 which could cause inconsistencies in weather writes leading to pops. The new FSUIPC and beta AS2004 build should be available soon... Hope that helps!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest Popart

Thanks Jim and Damian, great service as always.@Jim: the weather seems to be more consistent now, with just a cloud pop-up every now and then, but nothing disturbing anymore :D But I thought I could benefit from a registered version of FSUIPC, but as far as I can see you just use the "minimum weather defaults", right? Would you reccomend ticking some boxes in FSUIPC?@Damian: I moved the surperession range from 50 to 100Nm, although cloud draw distance within FS is set on 50 miles (I thought it had to be the same for best performance), but as said above: the weather looks great now, so I will leave it there.Looking forward to the next build. Thanks guys! :-beerchug

Hi Arthur,By cloud pop-ups do you mean close to your plane or in the distance?Some users like some of the additional options. I like to leave stuff alone as much as possile and fly. Everyone has the freedom to do as they wish!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest Popart

Hey Jim,I experience two kinds of cloud pop-ups:1) close to the plane as well as in the distance from no clouds to few or more clouds (clear one moment, clouds the other moment).2) changing clouds: the clouds will change to another kind of clouds (low cirrus to cumulus for example).I am not sure if 2 is AS2004 related though.As said before, it is not as frequent as before (thus less disturbing), but it happens still. So I'm not complaining, just wondering what could cause it. :)

Guest Popart

Jim,I have cloud draw distance and sight distance set at 60Nm. In AS2004 I have set suppression range to 100Nm (as Damian suggested).

I just noticed you have TAF processing ON. Try with that OFF. I know in my file it is off. Not sure why you are getting pop-ups. Dynamic weather change set to NONE in FS?Whose AS.ini file are you using? I realized after I sent you mine that it was from a beta version and things might not match up exactly.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest Popart

Wel, er...I am using your ini file :9 Perhaps you can send me your build115 ini file?Dynamic weather is off and TAF processing is off. Perhaps it is just me, I like things to be perfect. Overall I am extremely happy with AS2004 and I shouldn't be nagging about some cloud pop-ups. It has really enriched my sim experience!Thanks anyway for trying.

When you get a chance try this:Delete your AS.ini file.Start up AS and save your settings.Then (what I should have had you do the first time!) open your .ini file and my .ini file to compare settings. Change those that do not match up, but leave the time conversion value alone. You can open them with Notepad or Wordpad.I don't have a B115 set but the major settings are still the same, just some options added.Also re-set FSUIPC to weather minimums. Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest Popart

>Delete your AS.ini file.>Start up AS and save your settings.>Then (what I should have had you do the first time!) open your>.ini file and my .ini file to compare settings. Change those>that do not match up, but leave the time conversion value>alone. You can open them with Notepad or Wordpad.I did this the first time Jim. I noticed you have visibility limits set to TRUE in your ini, but no values set to them. Why is this?Thanks again for your support!

I just checked mine and EnforceVisibilityLimits is False. You may be looking at VisibilitySmoothing which is always True, for me. If it was marked on, then is was a mistake, and was saved, before I sent you the file.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest Popart

Err...you're right, my mistake :-aol Sometimes I get a bit confused with all these settings, as I said: I don't like to tweak. Now you know why hehe.Any change of an AS2004 version for dummies??? :(