Sign in to follow this  

Guest leadZERO

While flying from KBOS to KSLC my speed suddenly increased so much that both the engines on my 737-800 blew out. While warming the APU up and getting ready for an inflight restart a second tornado at 35,000 ripped my aircraft to shread, killing 182 passengers and 5 crewmen.Here's a screenshot of what AS2004 looked like.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/84579.jpgThe flameout was a welcome anomally to try and deal with... The shredding wasn't!

I'm getting the same thing. I just tried taking off out of Pittsburg and the plane went haywire. I believe that this happens when AS2004 gets a bad feed from the weather servers, or something like that. I guess I'll be flying today with the weather being implemented by Squawkbox instead. Technology is great, until there's a problem, and then it's just a pain in the back-side!! :( ChuckAthlon XP 2800+ | ASUS A7N8X Deluxe | Antec TruePower 480 PS | 1.0 gig DDR PC2700 | WD 60 gig HDD | WD 40 gig HDDTwin WD 160 gig SATA HDDs | SB Audigy 2 | ATI Radeon 9800Pro 128 | CH Products USB Yoke | CH Products USB PedalsNostromo n52 | Windows XP Prohttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Guest leadZERO

I think they need to implement some sort of firewall to detect conditions like this before the data gets written to FSUIPC. I'd rather have 100nm of "not as real as it gets" weather than -273 degree temperatures and winds that could move continents.

Hi there,Thanks for the input...I have updated the server (after this morning's event) to prevent publishing any problematic data... Also implemented some more intelligent data gathering/publishing routines... This is the last of the planned server updates I have been working on for the past 3 weeks (since these new problems have been seen).The new system works like this:If any part of the 3-component data (metar, taf, winds) is invalid or incomplete for any reason then that particular component is replaced with the last known "good" data and provided in a complete snapshot for download to client, while at the same time the server system begins a search for new data on backup alternate sources, updating the snapshot appropriately. Only good complete snapshots are provided to clients. A delay in obtaining up-to-date information in any of the 3 components will result in only THAT component being temporarily out-dated with the last known good data. The end result: Latest data is always available, and any source issues will be temporary and transparent.There are also improvements coming on the client end to prevent any incomplete/corrupt data from being activated (should provide a last-resort consistency check if the file was corrupted through the download process for any reason).Should be much better now!!!Thanks again for the suggestions everyone...-Damian

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Great to hear, Damian!! Thank you for your continued dedication to making this product the best it can be.ChuckAthlon XP 2800+ | ASUS A7N8X Deluxe | Antec TruePower 480 PS | 1.0 gig DDR PC2700 | WD 60 gig HDD | WD 40 gig HDDTwin WD 160 gig SATA HDDs | SB Audigy 2 | ATI Radeon 9800Pro 128 | CH Products USB Yoke | CH Products USB PedalsNostromo n52 | Windows XP Prohttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Guest leadZERO

Damn! Now that's what I call service!

Guest hlm65

Hi Damian,very very good news these !And if I could sgive you a suggestion: would it be possible to have archives not every 6 hrs but every 3 or less ? Would be nicer for all of us that fly offline...Thanks a lot for your superb work.