Sign in to follow this  
Guest krullenbol

Can always see the ground

Guest rellehenk

Hi,Is there a setting with the result that I can see skies like this?http://www.airliners.net/open.file/619983/LNow I can always see the ground when cruizing and there are just a few clouds around me or just a thin layer.When flying at lower altitudes (or when on ground) I can't see blue sky, but when clibming through the clouds, I can suddely see everyting on the ground, even it is a rainy day in the whole countryRegards Floris

That pic you saw, was taken on a day were the cloud type was overcast.I had those clouds one's in FS and I didn't saw the ground anymore.Most times, you still can see the ground.

Hi,What you have is a classic case of FS not able to properly simulate conditions. First you have no overcast(OVC) in your METAR. The BR represents mist which means nothing to FS, I believe. The conditions on the ground are represented by the 5000 which is the visibility. But when you break out of that layer, FS is without a clue without no OVC entry so you get the results you got. We know it is horribly inaccurate, but out of our control. FS users all over the Web have voiced their frustrations many times over.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest rellehenk

Ok I understand that JimThanks for help

Guest DZollner

The registered FSUIPC has a visbility smoothing option to set graduated visibility from a set base altitude up to a set ceiling altitude. I have gotten past this phenomenon by setting that base altitude at 3000 feet and the ceiling at 25000 feet, with a maximum visibility of 57nm. I have my sight distance set at 100 with my cloud draw distance at 60. This combination works well for me, but may not suit others' tastes. It should be noted, once up at altitude you will still be able to look straight down and see the ground as if there were no haze. But, at least you don't go from that instantaneous transition from haze to clear conditions.

Guest embraer

Hello,I have the same experience with build 132, also when I checked the overcast enhancement.Gerard