Sign in to follow this  
Guest WWA7120

WInds in FSNav and Active Radar

Guest WWA7120

I have the latest update to AS and the latest FSIUPC .dll and FSIPCU is also a registered copy. The problem I see is relativly minor. FSNav will show a wind dir/speed that is different from what active radar reports. Judging by my groundspeed the FSNav readings seem correct. Active radar wind dir seems to slowly circle around the aircraft until it shows same wind dir/speed as FSNav. Then after a few minutes the active radr wind dir/speed circles around again. Also i have observed the wind dir/speed in FSNav reading the same as ActiveRadar (while activeradar's wind dir/speed is circling the plane) . However, this is only for a splitsecond the FSNav returns to its previous reading. Sometimes when the wind dir/speeds are different the aircraft will experience severe turbulence (no alt lost just pitches side to side and nose moves left to right). I have all the setting in FSIUPC for wind and visibility off and using default settings for AS2004.Not a major problem because climb and descent and t/o and landings are not effected. Just curious if this is normal? Anyone experience the same thing?JoeWestwind AirlinesWWA7120

Guest WWA7120

I just finished a cross country flight. Winds acted as reported in previous post. I did set FSIUPC to min wx defaults. only change I made from default AS2004 defaults was unchecking the prevent all icing and enabled online updates. Here is my AS2004.ini ://AS2004 configuration file Build 131[General]WindowPosX = 5160WindowPosY = 5310DefaultWeatherFolder = C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9ModulesActiveSky2004SuppressionCeiling = 4000SurfaceWindLimit = 10CloudLayerLimit = 5LocalSuppressionRange = 100MinimumVisibility = 0MaximumVisibility = 50LastPlanFolder = C:Documents and Settingsjbrockway.PONDMy DocumentsFlight Simulator FilesIncreasedWake = FalseDisableWindsAloft = FalseAutoConvertPlanFiles = TrueForceDestinationWeatherZone = FalsePreventIcing = FalseOnlineUpdates = TrueExtendedDestinationWindsForce = FalseGlobalWrites = FalseDisableDirectWindControl = FalseVoicePlayback = TrueLocalSuppression = TrueStartupSound = TrueDisableGroundUpdates = FalseUseProxyServer = FalseFogLayerGeneration = TrueUpdateSuppression = TrueOvercastEnhancement = TrueFSUIPCWindSmoothing = TrueLimitSurfaceWinds = FalseLimitCloudLayers = TrueAutoGlobalWriteToggle = TrueRainWithTS = TrueDisableUpperLayerGeneration = FalseVisibilitySmoothing = TrueDisableMessages = FalseAutoTimeZoneDetection = TrueUpdateInterval = 10VATSIMData = FalseZuluConversion = 0AloftPredictability = 100WindDriftRate = 0TAFProcessing = FalseEnforceVisibilityLimits = TrueWakeTurb = TrueStartPaused = FalseUseSystemTime = TrueDisableCAVOKClouds = FalseProxyAddress = NONEAs I descended the winds and on the ground at destination the wind dir/speed in both FSNav and active radar matched.Hope this helps.Joe Westwind AirlinesWWA7120

Guest WWA7120

That did the trick. Thanks.Joe Westwind AirlinesWWA7120