Sign in to follow this  
Guest DD

More turbulence please!

Guest DD

Can anyone tell me if there is a way for AS to add in light - moderate turbulence that is not noted in standard METAR reports? My one ride in a real Cessna 172SP was on a clear, non-windy day but it was non-stop teeth-chattering light-moderate ground effect turbulence at 3000 feet. It would be great to be able to add this in. The default FS9 turbulence effects seem quite accurate but have to be turned off to allow for AS control. I've also noted a lack of turbulence on windy days. I just flew in what AS called 16 knot winds with gusts to 24 knots (Ivan remnants) in the default 172 and didn't have any bumps! I know the METAR reports didn't state turbulence but it seems the program could recognize windspeeds and gusts and add in effects like it does for wake turbulence. And while I'm giving my wish list, how about ground convection during summer?Am I missing something that's already there?Thanks again for a great product. I pray Damien's family is O.K. in Jamaica. DD

Hi DD,Thanks for the thoughts. His family is safe now.Down the road there has been mention to add some glider type features. No time frame involved here.If you are using the payware version of FSUIPC you can add some turbulence effects.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest DD

Thanks. I'll look into the registered FSUIPC.DD

Guest afcn

Just to clarify: If I add weather effects through FSUIPC this won't interfere in a negative way? Kind regards,Nik

Guest DD

I registered my FSUIPC 3.30 and indeed there is a place to check for random wind turbulence and a separate place for cloud turbulence but the effects are very slight. I've emailed Mr. Dowson to see if he could add a feature to adjust the level of turbulence from FSUIPC. It appears FSUIPC would allow this in FS2000/2002 but not with the FS9 control set. It would be great if you all could work on a solution (maybe a check box within Options) within Active Sky that would allow adding in some global turbulence (light, moderate - high seems to occur withing thuderstorms)to give a more realistic feel of a G.A. aircraft bouncing about some even in decent weather. It doesn't even have to be tied directly to the weather at hand - I know that would be a more complicated solution for a later time perhaps.Thanks for your consideration.DD

Hi DD,Thanks for your suggestions. Mr. Dowson is on holiday this week so it may take him some time to respond. In the mean time there is a line in your FS2004.cfg file that adjusts turbulence. It's under the Weather section:TurbulenceScale=1.000000You may find that adjusting that value may help.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest DD

Jim:Thanks again for the help! I'll give it a try.

Guest victorwest

Does AS get turbulence info from the same place as FS9 default real weather? FS9 defualt seems to be more turbulent.Victor