Sign in to follow this  
Guest Glaudrung

As2004, Fsuipc and PSS airbus

Guest Glaudrung

Hello everybody,I have a problem!A while back I posted this on the pss-forum but I had no idea what I was looking for to solve my problem.Today I think I found a clue to what is going on and I want to have my findings confirmed (or not)Here is my problem.I start Fs9, climb into the cockpit of the pss A321. The aircraft is empty and I am taking only a 50% fuelload with me. I prepare for takeoff with the fmc programmed and ready.I have also AS2004 loaded (latest beta with fsuipc 3.317 as provided with the beta).Takeoff goes smooth until I activate the autopilot. By doing so, the aircraft goes into a dive from which I can only recover by de-activating the AP.I have searched everywhere to find a solution until I, more by pure luck than brains, stumbled onto something strange today.When I replace the fsuipc by an older version (3.20) everything goes fine. All later version causes the aircraft to dive to the ground. Also the version supplied by the latest beta of AS2004 causes this problem. No I am quite sure that not AS2004 but fsuipc is causing the problem but I find it strange that I find no mentioning of this anywhere else in the forums...Is there anybody who can confirm this...?All help is welcomeLuc 'Glaudrung' Brusselmans

Hi ThereLook in FSUIPC under the techincal TAB on the left top under Fixes and improvements make sure that you did not enable 'Discon elev trim axis for AP'if it is ticked=enabled your PSS AP is not gonna function correctly.Hope this helpsRegardsJannier

Regards
Jannie Roelofse

Flight1 Software Project Manager

Guest Glaudrung

Janier,thanks for the response.However, ticked or not, the AP from my bus doesn't work.All hope is not lost though because we have narrowed down the problem a bit.First of all, all those pilots without the pfc-driver in their modules folder don't have this problem. This explains why only a few people have reported this. Removing this pfc.dll solves the issue, putting it back creates it again.Secondly, only the Airbus A319/320/321 suffer from this. The newer A330/340 don't.I have reported this to the people of PSS and I'm waiting for their reply. Also Pete Dowson has been informed and is looking into the matter but he also depends on the cooperation of the folks of PSS.Anyway, I will try to inform everybody how things work out through this and other forums.Thanks for the help everybody.Luc 'Glaudrung' Brusselmans