Sign in to follow this  
Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

CH PEDALS PROBLEM Continues..

Guest byoung

I don't know what to do!I have the CH Pro USB Yoke and Pedals, and I am having major problems with Yoke and Pedal responsiveness. At first I was blaming the flight models, but after FSUIPC Joystick testing, I know it is something with the Pedals themselves.The reason I know I have a problem is using FSUIPC Joystick dialog. If anyone as used it, you know when the rudders are moved the numbers in the box go up and when you return to center they go back down. Another user that I know indicated that the numbers in the IN and OUT almost instantly return to zero. On my system, it takes 3-5 seconds for the numbers to return to zero. No wonder I am careening!See attached image of FSUIPC...Any IDEAS? Do I have a bad set of pedals? Could this be an issue with USB 2.0?I have the Biostar M7VIP motherboard with the VIA chipset (See USB devices in SYSTEM Device Manager image below)Any Help would be appreciated!Thanks!Barry

In FS2K2, have a look at Options-Controls-Sensitivity sliders.And set the sensitivity slider for rudder to Max.(in fact, set ALL sliders to MAX and all null zone to Min, and THEN calibrate with FSUIPC)It sounds like Sensitivity is now set to Min.Also have a look at this thread:http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/DCForumID8/14602.htmlI'll bet this solves your problem :-)Cheers, Rob

Guest byoung

Everyone,Followed the recommendations and they work great. I will just leave the sliders for ailerons and rudders maxed as far as sensitivity.Thanks again to all who contributed to this thread.Barry

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Hi Barry.I have EXACTLY the same problem and I know 2 more persons with that problem, so it's not your pedals.All my research tell me that WindowsXP are to blame on this one!!!I already tried the FSUIPC solution but my main problem is that even in the windows calibrabration/test screen they won't center... As XP show me the center to be at 75% instead at 50% of the slider.Using FSUIPC I was able to have rudders centered but then to make a right turn they would respond immediately, while to make a left turn it requires at least halfway movement to start responding.I must point out that I am using these pedals for 3 years now and NEVER had a problem with my previous OS (Win98SE).Even tried them on another PC (Again with WinXP) and the same problem exists.Hope someone can help us.Happy New Year!George DorkofikisAthens, Greece

Guest byoung

Hi George,I even went out and purchased a seperate PCI USB Card and I am still having problems.. It has improved a little, but still I am not pleased.What is interesting is that there are lots of people using CH Products USB yoke and Pedals under Windows XP and either not complaining and accepting the sensitivity issues or for some reason it seems to work well for them.I think the problem lies with CH Products. They should be able to supply USB drivers for the devices that WORK!Although I have had several discussions with CH Products and followed their recommedations, still I have sensitivity issues.The OTHER issue is improvement of Flight Dynamics. Some of the problems can be linked to the aircraft flight dynamics itself. If the .air file is designed properly, it has tremendious impact on the core flight dynamics. There are just a handful of people tha design aircraft well, and even they can't get the flight dynamics 100% accurate.I hope Microsoft focuses a majority of development efforts to solving / improving the flight dynamics issues, and working CLOSER with companies like CH Products so things WORK.Anyway, thanks for your reply... I hope there is a solution out there..Barry

Folks,I don't have the pedals but am using the ch usb flight yoke. It worked fine with fs2k but I am having problems with fs2k2. I also thought this was a flight dynamics problem with the Dreamfleet 737 and the 767 PIC. But from your comments this does not seem to be the case.I am using Windows ME and not XP. So it is not just an XP related problem. With fs2k I could use the hat switch for 4 functions, in fs2k2 it just allows 1 function. Who should be fixing these problems? Is it Microsoft or should the CH people provide us with a patch so that the yoke works flawlessly?Thanks.

Guest byoung

Well, I am sure other device manufaturers have had to "jump through hoops" to get their devices to work under Windows XP, otherwise they wouldn't be able to sell their products.It is difficult to determine total blame, but as a device manufacturer, if the native functionality doesn't cut it, then you need to develop another solution and stop blaming the OS. Contract a device developer, pay the bucks and get it done. If you have to raise the price of the product 10% to cover the cost, so be it. It NEEDS TO WORK and WORK PROPERLY!You can't tell your customers "it is a Windows XP issue". I don't care as a customer, I want the device to operate properly.Just my opinion.Barry

Guest RonB49

Hi Barry,Have you downloaded and installed the latest Control Manager software from www.chproducts.com ? Even if you never use the advanced mapping features of CHCM, it is the only way that I found to get the latest (XP compliant) drivers for my yoke and pedals. Once I did that everything else fell into place. R-

Guest byoung

Yes I have downloaded and installed the latest CHCM..My first question is: "What is Normal Operation?"Another is:"Bad Flight Model or CH Controller Problem?"Can you taxi in zero wind without applying constant rudder?On all aircraft, there is a need for constant rudder to be applied while taxiing even with zero wind. The contol seems to start out fairly smooth and then gets progressively worse, until careening occurs after a few minutes and is really apparent on the take off roll.I have been on the phone with CH Products Support several times over the last month. I have a VIA chipsets on my mother board.The problem is there is no way to bench mark what the "acceptable" operation should be. I calibate via CHCM and still have problems with "sticking" at least according to FSUIPC x and y axis readings.I have tried tinkering with FSUIPCs joystick settings, you name it..Waiting for a solution, so far none.. and it is extreamly frustrating, to say the least!This is not a $10 joystick...Barry

Guest Steve K

I've noticed nobody has mentioned the "sleepy" pedals problem so far in this topic. Mine seem to work fine after I've unplugged and replugged them. I contacted CH and they blamed this on the VIA chipset. They also blame it on any USB hubs that are attached(I've plugged them in directly to the computer also...same results).Maybe their suggestion of replacing the USB controller would correct these problems but I can't see spending more money on a solution that may or may not work.I'd say it's a problem Microsoft,CH, and VIA tech need to work out between themselves and not leave it up to the end user to do their work for them.Anyone else had any luck resolving this one?I'm running an AMD Athlon processor,512MB RAM,64MB GeForce2 video card,6 USB ports...and one "evil" Saitek USB hub.

Guest byoung

I added a PCI USB card and still it didn't help.What's next??Barry

I doubt its the chipset thing, I have a BRAND NEW Intel Pentium 4 PC -- see specs below -- with the same problem. Gateway says its a problem with the controller, CH says its Gateway's problem..... I wonder what would happen if I got three way calling and put us all on the line at one time?? :-lolCpudan80 :) :+Gateway 700X PC (I've never had trouble with Gateway...)Intel Pentium 4 2.5 GHz120 GB Western Digital HD512 MB PC800 RAMGForce 4 Ti4600 -- 45 FPS all sliders maxedCH USB Flight Sim Yoke LE & Pedals (both of which fall asleep while I'm at the wheel....)

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Yeah... Ok...So.. You will have to add ASUS and GigaByte and INTEL in the list of the companies that CH THINKS are responsible for this problem!!!!Because... Here are the specs of the two (2) different PCs I tried the pedals on and DID NOT WORK.PC1... (My old one, used the pedals on it for 3 years with Win98SE):AMD Athlon Thunderbird 900Mhz on ASUS A7V with VIA KT133.512Mb RAM, SB Live!, TNT2UltraOS WinXP Pro WITH Service Pack 1 Applied.PC2... (The new system)Intel Pentium 4 2.4Ghz, on GigaBye Titan GA8PE667 with Intel 845PE512Mb RAM, SB Audigy, GF4Ti4200OS WinXP Pro WITH Service Pack 1 AND ALL latest updates Applied.Hope it's fixed soon... I would hate to have to go back in Win98 just for the rudder pedals.Sure doesn't sound right!George DorkofikisAthens, Greece