Sign in to follow this  
Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

CH PEDALS PROBLEM Continues..

Guest byoung

I guess the next question to ask is:Anyone else have this problem with any other manufacturer's USB rudders or joysticks?Thanks!Barry

Just for the sake of argument, I used to have this problem, and changing motherboards cured it forever. I had a VIA-based chipset (running an Athlon 900mHz processor) and switched to an ASUS AMD761-based chipset. Poof! Problem gone. However, I'm not sure it would work that way exactly for others, as I never did figure out the actual culprit. I can tell you that plain old deduction says the pedals were not at fault, as they've never given me a lick of trouble since I got my new mobo. Just more grist for the mill...

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Guest byoung

Interesting Bill...I hope we don't have to do this...We need to find the right contact at VIA and really hone in on this problem...Thanks again!Barry

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Guys...the cause for this particular problem is NOT the chipset!If you read all the messages you will see that people with chipsets other than VIA have this calibration problem (inlcuding me, Intel chipset!).The VIA chipset problem is easily cured via the device manager..This calibration problem has no cure yet!I just downloaded and installed the CH USB Control Manager. Apart from making a mess of my devices, it did NOT help at all!!!Take a look at the screenshots. Top to bottom.Center, Full left rudder, full right rudder, center...See the difference??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?CH... DO YOU READ ????George DorkofikisAthens, Greece

I think CH needs to break down and make actual drivers for their controllers, then we might have our problems solved!!!Cpudan80 :) :+

Guest byoung

There must be something in common about our systems as other people are running with their yoke and pedals under Windows XP just fine.If it is not the VIA chipset, then what's going on?Barry

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Barry,Have you applied the Service Pack 1 to Windows XP ?And which version of XP are you running? Home or Pro ?George DorkofikisAthens, Greece

Guest byoung

George,My understanding is that you are not supposed to use the Windows XP game controller calibration at all!Only the CH Control Manager to calibrate the Yoke and Pedals.Try calibrating with the CM and let us know if it had any effect.Barry

Guest byoung

I have applied the latest patches including SP1 on XP Professional.Barry

Guest byoung

More to report...With the version 2.0 CM, now I have lost controller recognition in FS 2002 and XP for that matter, plugging and unplugging the yoke and pedals has no effect. I am going to place a call to CH Products Tech Support first thing in the morning (8:00 AM their time).I hope to get some answers.Thanks for everyone's help...Barry

Barry,Yes, I believe you are right. If you calibrate in the Windows Game controller cpl it stores calibration information in the registry that can really mess things up. If CH does have its own "autocalibrate" routines, this info in the registry can produce the symptoms I see in your screen shots, as well as complete loss of axis', etc. Does CH provide a way to clean this info out of the registry?Best,Bill

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

You may have a point here.No calibration is actually required for a USB control device.And that's what troubles me. This phenomenon started immediately upon plug-in of the pedals. Let me describe the timescale of what I did.Installation of WinXP Pro was on a completely new PC with 'virgin' HDD.Clean OS install.Installed Service Pack 1.Installed Display drivers (Detonator)Installed Sound drivers (Audigy)Installed USB 2.0 Drivers and Chipset featuresInstalled Various other programs that have nothing to do with hardware ...Installed CH Gameport Drivers for my CH Flightsim Yoke PC.Connected and calibrated the Yoke. AOk.Connected the CH ProPedals USB.Running FS2002 for the first time on the new PC. All look well. I moved the rudder full left and then full right as I did every time I start FS so that the rudders are (auto)calibrated. Same for the toe brakes. Again all look ok.But when I started taxing... then I noticed it... The plane started drifting to the left. Trying to figure out why, I noticed those strange values in FSUIPC and started looking around to see what causes this.I even took appart the pedals and cleaned them! Well, ok, I wanted to do that for a long time anyway.. :-)CH did answer my email and they were suggesting the use of the Control Manager. Unfortunately that didn't work either. So I've sent them another email... They look willing to solve this. Let's cross our fingers... :-)George DorkofikisAthens, Greece

Guest byoung

Thanks George,Please keep us posted.I will be placing a call to CH when they open this morning.If you can call them, it would probably be better.Barry

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Bump bump and away!...:-)George DorkofikisAthens, Greece