Sign in to follow this  
Guest bobsk8

Turbulence

Guest bobsk8

I have been using Active Sky for a couple of months now, and wouldn't fly without it. I have a question about the turbulence,. It seems that when I first got the program, I would see a great deal of turbulence affecting my PMDG 737 as I flew around. Lately, even in some very bad weather, I don't seem to get any turbelence to speak of. I do not have it disabled in FS9. What are some things that I could look at to make sure everything is set correctly for turbulence effects?

Hi all,We need an entirely new turbulence simulation engine, and it is in the works for the next version...Also goes along with new Vertical air simulation including up/downdrafts (terrain-based), thermals and ridge lift.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Yes, in fact I noticed that too.Right until last night when I took my PMDG for a flight from Berlin to cracow and passed near some nasty looking (great rendition BTW) CB monsters and I was in for a rough ride.So, it is there, just limited to severe turbulence associated with thunderstorms.BestDom

Guest bobsk8

>Hi all,>>We need an entirely new turbulence simulation engine, and it>is in the works for the next version...>>Also goes along with new Vertical air simulation including>up/downdrafts (terrain-based), thermals and ridge lift.>>What do you do when a new version is released. Is there an upgrade available at some charge, or does one have to pay the full price for the next version?

Hi,It all depends, we don't normally decide these things until we are closer to completion. A ways off still. There has yet to be any official announcement of the next version, but these details will be available soon... We are still concentrating on finishing AS2004.5 and making an official update release. Now that FSUIPC 3.40 is available, this should happen in days.I can say that YES there is an upgrade offer planned for AS2004/AS2004.5 users with substantial savings over the "full version for new users" product.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest bobsk8

>Yes, in fact I noticed that too.>Right until last night when I took my PMDG for a flight from>Berlin to cracow and passed near some nasty looking (great>rendition BTW) CB monsters and I was in for a rough ride.>So, it is there, just limited to severe turbulence associated>with thunderstorms.>>Best>>DomI flew a Tstorm in San Antonio this morning and I got the Turbulence also. Seems you are correct.

Guest DD

Damian:Thanks again for working on improved turbulence for FS! That will be a huge improvement. I look forward to tyring out the "turbulence engine!"

I'm too been experianceing almost no turbulence in or around storms. I ended up checkind the ramdom turb setting in FSUIPC to get some sort of activity. But useing the 142 build, what do we need to turn on or off to get back turb.Bill MKeep up the great work

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64