Sign in to follow this  
ndflieger

Clouds in distance appearing to tear...

Hi all,I looked through the postings, but didn't see one addressing a question I have.I'm running FS9 on an AMD Athlon 2500+, 512 RAM, ATI Radeon 9200 128Mb video card in Windows XP Home, SP 1. After having to reformat my HD and reinstall XP, I finally have things pretty well tweaked to my liking, except for one thing: When the clouds in the distance load, sometimes they appear to have a tearing effect. How can I adjust visibility, settings, etc...to get rid of this? I'm using the registered version of FSUIPC along with ActiveSky 2004, and the improved for FS9 FSW cloud textures.Any help will be appreciated.Regards,ScottKJMS

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

I think it is caused by the clouds being "drawn". If you manage to set your clouds draw distance to be larger than your visibility then you won't see it. Be careful with setting draw distance too high - there may be a price in performance - therefore best thing to do is to lower visibility. Michael J.WinXP-Home,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8, Radeon X800 Pro,WD 36GB Raptor,1 GB PC3200 http://www.reality-xp.com/community/nr/rsc/rxp-higher.jpg

Guest viper18799

Have the same problem, not sure how to fix it though. I am intrested to hear what everyone else says.