Sign in to follow this  

ActiveSky wxRE - RELEASED!!!!!!!

Guest pilot_guru

12/13/02It's here!!! ActiveSky wxRE v1.0 is RELEASED and available for instant purchase and download ($14.95 US). For product information and screenshots go to:http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/Enjoy!David

Hey Geof,how are things in Michigan? If you could do me a favour and post your findings about this new gem (especially wake turbulence), I'd really appreciate it. I've been a FSMeteo user ever since that became available but if the features that this new program offers really work I may have to go and get it.Thanks in advance,Peterhttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifAthlonXP2000,AbitKX7-333(latest4in1),512MB/2700SDRAM,WinXP,DirectX8.1,Geforce3TI200(128MB)(Det.30.82),SBlive(WDM5.1.2601.0)

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Hi Peter,wake turbulence works extremely well - prepare to crash if you're following a 747 too closely :). Last night I flew into EDDL in an A320, default ATC vectored me in very close to a BA767 - I got shaken pretty badly, even though by the time I touched down, the 767 was already halfway to the gate...Cheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Guest Stamatis

Since they are both payware, the obvious question:If someone already has bought FSMeteo, is there anything to be gained, feature-wise, by buying this product as well?Stamatis

>Since they are both payware, the obvious question: >If someone already has bought FSMeteo, is there anything to >be gained, feature-wise, by buying this product as well? >>Stamatis Stamatis,I am not a betting man....but I betcha that if you wagered 15 bucks and purchased wxRE....that within 24 hours you would have totally changed your setup to only run wxRE.It took me about 48 hours to do that...but then I have never been as quick as you. Grin.More seriously, this is simply the next step in weather graphics and leaves all other such programs in the dust...or in the clouds. Formerly I would only run FSMeteo when there was a major weather event someplace in the world.....while normally running with clear skies....but since I got the first copy of the wxRE beta...and now have purchased the final version....I run wxRE on EVERY flight.Regards,Mel

Mel, me too.. Now, if we could get Damian to make it auto-run when firing up FS2k2, life would be very happy indeed.

Guest Stamatis

Hi Mel,Knowing you for so long, I unfortunately cannot disregard your endorsement.I am ordering a copy for sure, go and collect your commission :-)Stamatis

Guest Boogie

>Now, if we could get Damian to make it >auto-run when firing up FS2k2, life would be very happy >indeed. I haven't tried it yet, but isn't this possible using the 'Run Options' program available at schiratti.com?Boogie.

Yes it is. I advice the CLOSE command and do not put the READY one since will swap your display Full screen minimize full screen and could give a better chance to the AI system catch the proper runway (not verified). If you have problems in closing the Wxre then you can use the KILL instead of CLOSE but I don't advice it.BTW the Run options was made by Pete Dowson I only done the interface that allows people to program the fsuipc.ini.Jos

Stamatis,Heck...a penny here a penny there....it all adds up!!I KNOW you will enjoy wxRE!Regards,

Tom,I think the BEST place to run wxRE is on a remote computer...I run it on my Web communcations computer along with WideFS.The numerous web downloads that it needs for weather updates, really unloads any work that your server computer has to do IF wxRE is on that computer.Regards,

Tom:You can have your wish.Run Jose Oliveria's "Run Options in FSUIPC" utility.It will automatically start wxRE (or any other external program) when you launch FS2k2.Works great!Wilson