Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ruahrc

Super icing???

Guest Ruahrc

I am running the AS4.5 beta and am flying over Texas on my way from LAX to ATL and I ran into this "super-icing" where, despite my de-icing switch being turned on the whole time, my airspeed indicator froze up and my IAS went to 0kts. I have had this problem before but it was mainly when I forgot to turn my de-icing on once in flight, this time I remembered to turn it on earlier but still got iced up?Maybe icing isn't the totally correct term as I can still fly fine (i.e. wings don't seem to be iced) but my pitot tube has iced over.Any ideas on what's going on here? If you're curious the aircraft I'm using is the iFDG 767-300 and I was using archived weather: Oct 7th 2004 0800GMT.Ruahrc

Hi,It's an FS aircraft thing. Some aircraft don't actually turn on the pitot heat system even though you've flipped the switch. You can use shift-h to force pitot heating on, or you can prevent all icing via AS2004 and/or FSUIPC options.Hope that helps!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest Ruahrc

Thanks I will give that a try. I did install a new panel for the airplane maybe the Pitot heat switch in it is broken.Also, kind of unrelated but will installing the FS9 update patch affect AS2004 in any way? I am hesitant to install it just yet because I don't want to break anything on my setup.Ruahrc

Guest hlm65

Hi Ruahrc,I got this problem every now and then. Unfortunately a FS9 bug. One way to reset the IAS to normal (apart from disable any icing that's not realistic) is to go in outside view and back to your panel. For the PMDG 737s works well and every time.

Guest Ruahrc

Interesting. I will try that also. I just completed a flight from EHAM to KJFK using the Shift+H and did not see any icing, so maybe that was the issue also. If it ever happens again I will try the external view thing.Ruahrc