Sign in to follow this  

Target Framerates?

Hi i want to know you're opinions i want to know what number i should set it to is it best from 1-50 or 50-100 which one is better or what is you're favorite one that you use please tell me....

Guest jase439

Anything over 30 is going to be a waste of CPU cycles. If you are running with 'CPU-challenged' hardware, you should consider reducing this to 18-20 or so.

I have an AMD athlon at 1.4ghz, a GF4 Ti4200 with 128mb ram, 512mb PC2100 system ram and a soundblaster live audio card. Running WIN 98 I can get nice scenery and decent smoothness with frames set at 25. Even with this setup add-on sceneries with good detail will drag the system down around 10 or 11 fps. If you can live with a bit less frame rate you will get treated to better visuals. There is no free lunch.Hornit

Guest flightpro08

I guess if the game is running 20 to 25 frames per second everything appers to move quite smoothly... If you put your framerate for example to 50 you don't necessary see big difference in the "smoothness" and FS might drop out some graphics because it tries to achieve the specified frame rate....I quess the ordinary films have the framerate somewhat 25 frames per second - enough for human eye to sense flow of smooth movement...

I really recommend giving the following FSVC tip a good read:http://www.fsgateway.com/tips_read.asp?id=270The target framerate setting is probably the most misunderstood feature of FS2002!You might be surprised how *low* you can set this target and still have everything very smooth. And it's actually worth doing, as the tip explains.HTH.--Brian ToobyTCA Pilot #2658Pilot's Assistant Home Page:http://www.tooby.demon.co.uk/P_Assist_Home.html

got the slider @ 20fps....all smooth....even at a freeware airport (with dual used r/w's due to overlay) 'n a HEAP of pai ghost fly'n around :D

Guest PeterK

PeterKSeeing Movie film runs at 30 frames per second anything over 25in flightsimulator is more of feeling good about the high numbersin the corner of the screen than actual performance.. A few guys do say that 50 works great..I guess those guys can see thelights in there house flicker at 60hz...That's good vision..Humor... Pete

Got mine set at 20. Nice and smooth with complete terrain draw. At 40, I'll lose terrain. Can't have that.