Sign in to follow this  
Guest Clipper747

Is it normal to take so long?

Guest Clipper747

I have noticed in the past, and it is now happening with increasing regularity, that after launching AS2004, it retrieves the weather ok, but takes an absolute age to write to FS and FSUIPC. I have timed it now, and it takes on average 1 minute to 1 minute 15 secs for the data to be written. Similarly, when importing a flight plan, it takes over a minute to process it through the weather engine. Is this normal? Or are my settings wrong. It wasn't always this way. Could it be to do with any aircraft add-on?ThanksPaul

Guest Erups

loading time has increased in some recent version (was it MR1?), originally it's true AS2004 was faster.But this was done in order to load more stations, and let fsuipc and fs do their work easier (sometimes the fast loading of AS would lead to problems).

Guest Clipper747

Thank you both for your replies. I notice (having downloaded the new beta) that it now shows you which stations it is processing, which helps to explain the length of time. I hadn't realised that it depended on where you were in the world (ie intensity of cities/weather stations) that influenced the time.Thanks again for a great product.Paul