Sign in to follow this  
Hakkie

AS2004 and aircraft shadows

Hello again! :-wave I have aircraft shadows active in flightsim. I like the visual effect and the added sense of height when landing in replay. :-lol It is known that shadows take away some FPS. Besides this, these shadows always appear, even in bad weather. Bad weather means a lot of clouds. Clouds again cost FPS. Both of them at the same time take even more FPS. Therefor my question: is it possible to let AS2004 disable the shadows in 'bad' weather conditions? I see two advantages:- First of all, this would add to realism. It's always strange to see shadows (also of the AI planes) when there is no sun nor bright light at all.- Second, aspecially in bad weather FPS can be a problem. Disabling shadows will improve FPS in these heavy CPU and graphics conditions.Now, I know people will say 'turn of shadows all the time'. But to me it would be the best of both worlds when AS2004 can turn them off/on per actual weather condition. Is this possible at all? Would it cause side problems during flight when switching them off/on 'on the fly'? Any ideas about this? Or is it just me who would like this feature... :-roll Kind regards,Henk-Jan

Guest Popart

Sounds like a neat feature....I always thought the shadows at low visibilty conditions are very unreal. If it can be done PLEASE ;)

Guest Floyd312

That sounds like an excellent idea to me.:-sun1 I, too, have always found those shadows to be rather wierd on overcast days.Don